anyone get freezer burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone get freezer burn?

Does anyone experience a freezing burning sensation that is quite painful? Its like when you take something really cold out of the freezer and it is actually so cold it burns you. I got that on my arms and thighs and parts of my face once and when I mentioned it to the doctors they acted as though I was crazy. Googled it but only found burning sensations not ones described as burning/freezing together. Am I crazy????

not crazy

I experience the same thing just dosn't hurt as bad. The doc always asked if I had burning and I described it as a cold sensation. We know our bodies, the doctors only learn from us.

Comment

It's called paresthesia, which are abnormal skin sensations (as tingling or tickling or itching or burning) usually associated with peripheral nerve damage.

My left hand and left foot often feel as though they have been dipped in boiling oil.

Neurontin or Lyrica can often help with those sensations. (Even if you haven't been diagnosed yet, you don't have to suffer with painful symptoms. As your doctors for meds to treat the symptoms.)

Hugs,

Lisa
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
      X