Massages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massages

As a reward for having a great semester at work, my employer arranged for all of the staff and faculty at the school where I teach to have a massage. They had a room set up with dim lights, soft music, wonderful fragences - very spa like.

I just had my 30-minute massage (my first massage ever.) And I feel sooooo good! I kind of wish though she'd have massaged my legs. They're very stiff and a bit sore because I've weaned myself off of baclofen. But still, the upper body and back massage was heavenly.

I wish I could go home and just rest now, but I have to work tonight. But I'm soooooooo relaxed! My muscles feel much better now. (I'm showing a movie in class. I'll probably be snoring before it's over.)

Does anyone here get massages? Do they help with spasticity? How often do you get them?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

I'm glad for you. Massage is wonderful for the pain and tightness. I find I hurt like I was at the gym afterward, but it's so much less than the pain you feel prior....I'm so glad that you had such a great opportunity. What great employer you work for!!

P.S. Can we like pretend that I'm your assistant?

Comment

Well, I got that massage and now my right arm is killing me! I think it's from lying on my tummy with my arms out, because I never lie on my tummy. I have bursitis/arthritis in that shoulder and now it sounds like a bowl of Rice Crispies and my deltoid muscle hurts! Ouch!
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

one benifit I miss

Sashi,

Our college did/does that too. That is one thing bad about not teaching/working anymore.

I love my massages. I try to do once a month to keep spasticity down. If I have spasticity bad I go more often.

Make sure that you tell massage therapist that you have issues with that and they usually can adjust. I can not take baclophen and the massage and I have incorporated accupuncture too.

My health insurance will pay for two and half hours of massage per year. I have to have a medical diagnosis, but primary has no problem writing it. Check into it. And enjoy massages in the future.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I get monthly massages - the deep tissue variety. They certainly help my body relax and get all the kinks out that develop from walking funny all the time.

And they have a short term benefit. THe massage seems to help with my circulation, which in turn helps me walk better and with less of a limp. My leg feels stronger for about 24-48 hours.
          Steve

Comment

Oh, I massages!!!

Wish I could afford to have them even monthly but instead I settle for a few times a year. I also do deep tissue and usually by the time I go I need a full hr for her to work all of the kinks out.

Someday, when I win the lotto ...
            DX 10/2008
            Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
            Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
            Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

If you really want to relax have an hour of reflexology...incredibly relaxing!!!!!!!!!!! You'd never think that having your feet massaged could do so-o-o much!!!

If money is an issue call a massage school, they have lab (clinicals) so the students get "hands on training. Usually, they charge $25.00 for an hour...atleast around here.
              Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Yes, I get massages every two weeks and it helps the spasticity I have.

Check your insurance, mine are covered. I get them at the chiropractor's office, sometimes I get a chiropractic adjustment, but most visits just the massage.

Comment

Haha Lisa,

Did you see the small disclaimer I typed in bright pink at the bottom of my first post in this thread?

I figured you didn't or you would have commented on it

Comment

I have heard that Roane State's massage therapy classes give free massages on Thursdays. Been meaning to check this out. I have a massage table here and have swaped massage and Reiki, I use to go to a reflexologist and yes it is amazing what a foot massage can do. When ever I remember to call I will let you know when they are and what the details are.

Comment

Originally posted by jamilea View Post
                      Haha Lisa,

Did you see the small disclaimer I typed in bright pink at the bottom of my first post in this thread?

I figured you didn't or you would have commented on it
                      Cute, Jamilea.

Comment

Working...
                      X