Copaxone and skin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and skin problems

I am 40 years old and seem to be having a teenage skin lately. My face and back and front are covered in acne. It looks as if it was hormonal, breast area and around the chin, and it is really bothersome. My hair is constantly in a bad hair mode, now my skin as well? Any advice?
    I am a vegetarian, don't drink/eat milk/dairy, but I take probiotics and all the required supplements. If I eat anything fattier I get nausea so I tend to stay away from those.
    RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
    on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
    Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Acne

I too am on copaxone and have developed acne like you describe. I am interested to learn anything you have discovered. I am treating it as I did as a teenager with skin creams and am at the point of considering proactiv as advertised by all the celebs on tv.

Comment

Proactiv

I was just recently diagnosed (2 days ago) and I haven't started my meds yet but I AM on Proactiv and I can say it works miracles. I had bad skin from 5 years old and NOTHING worked. I finally tried Proactiv and it cleared my skin right up. They sell it at mall kiosks now too. I only use step 3 (the lotion) but it's really effective.

Comment

What you describe might be hormonal.

My step-mother complained of those problems for years.
        Not to scare you, but that can be part of Fibromyalgia, too.

I'm midv 40's and haven't had those troubles while on Copaxone for a long time.

Good luck!

Comment

To my understanding from conversations with my endocrinologist, my acne occurs due to changes in the relationship of testosterone in relation to estrogen in the body. (I am 49 yrs. old and in that "season" of my life) Thus, with estrogen levels fluctuating, the variance can cause acne.

Comment

Working...
          X