Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible MS

Hello!
    I have been lurking around the message boards for a few weeks as I have been wondering if I do infact have MS.
    I went to a neuro who has sent me for bloodwork and an MRI of the brain. Both test were done and I am waiting for results. I am not happy with the dr though...he went on vacation for two weeks which just happened to be after my tests and had no backup dr or nurse to tell me results. I did call the MRI place and had them send me the results of the MRI. The radiologist saw nothing and wrote "overall an unremarkable MRI of the Brain"

Anyways here are some of the symptoms Ive been dealing with....

Tingling/burning in my arms, hands, shoulder, neck, back of head, and ankle.
    I had one episode where my entire left side went numb. It was a little scary so I went to the ER...they told me they didnt know the reason for it.
    I also had an episode recently where the back of my head was tingling and it moved to the top of my head...it was the strangest feeling and the only way I could describe it was as if my head was freezing and burning at the same time mixed with tingling and the feeling of a million bugs crawling all over my head.
    Most of the time the tingling and burning stays in my left shoulder blade and down my left arm. But it does move to my right arm or right ankle.
    My right hip has a dull ache. My cheeks on my face burn, I get tingling above my lip.
    Most recently the palms of my hands burn.
    I sometimes feel stiff in the morning like I cant move.

After having all of these symptoms and seeing the Neuro he had mentioned MS or lupus. I went online to read about both and I seem to match MS quite well. It is a scary thought that I may have it....I do have three small children.

I basically came to this site looking for anyone who feels the same symptoms as me and hoping to get some kind of answers.

I called the Neuro back this morning as he is back from vacation and was told he would get back to me sometime soon.

Thanks to anyone who responds!

SORRY TO HEAR HOW YOU ARE BEING TREATED. A PHYSICIAN USUALLY HAS SOMEONE LEFT IN CHARGE. A RADIOLOGIST REVIEWS THE MRI BUT THE DOCTOR LIKES TO LOOK AT THEM AND HE SEES THINGS VERY DIFFERENTLY. MY ADVICE IS TO NOT ASSUME ONE OR THE OTHER. BE PATIENT. WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN SEE THE DOCTOR. ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS I HAVE OR HAVE HAD AND HAVE GONE AWAY. THAT COULD BE A VARIETY OF DISORDERS. I DO HAVE MS, LUPUS, SCLERODERMA AND CELIAC SO. . . YOU TELL ME. PRAYING FOR YOU TO FIND ANSWERS. IN THE MEANTIME. TRY TO DECREASE YOUR ANXIETY. STAY COOL (AS HEAT AGGRAVATES MS) AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER. YOU WILL GET THE ANSWERS IT IS JUST THESE TYPES OF DISEASES ARE DIFFICULT TO DIAGNOSE. BLESSINGS TO YOU.
    This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Well the doctors secretary called me today and told me that both my MRI and bloodwork are normal. I said ok well whats next then....I am still having the same symptoms plus new ones...she tells me you will have to discuss that with him at your next appt.
      Well my next appt. is in January!

I dont know if I am just being really impatient or what but I dont see how that is fair to me.

I called another neuro and am going to see him next week. Hopefully he will be more assertive.

Comment

It never hurts to get a second opinion, and even if this new neuro doesn't know what is going on at least the clear MRI/bloodwork gives this doc somewhere to start.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
        X