Prednisone taper with Skelaxin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prednisone taper with Skelaxin

Started my first pred taper for MS an hour ago. Also taking Skelaxin. Jumpy, weak, painful muscles for several months have difficulty relaxing and contracting in succession. Mostly shoulders, neck, and back, although outer thigh muscles are like jelly.

Anyway, will the effects of the Skelaxin (for me, wobbly and disoriented) add to--not interact--just pile on more effects?

I took prednisone taper 3 times in the past and I was mellow, full of energy, and up for days.

Sorry you haven't had any response. I think perhaps those reading haven't had a muscle relaxer along with prednisone. I don't really know what the interaction might be. I have taken flexeril (a mild muscle relaxer) along with prednisone and was fine.

If the skelaxin is new and you are not feeling improvement after taking it, do discuss with your doc.

Hope you are feeling energetic on your prednisone. I love taking it for that reason.

Comment

Got up this morning. Lightheaded, disoriented, spinal muscles feel like they're "going out." Upper arms and shoulders shaking and couldn't lift them up. When I had a surge of panic ot vwent down my spine and I buckled. Is this temporary, and can I try to stay vertical at all during the 15days of taper, and get stronger? I don't want to get any weaker than I am.

Comment

Any ideas?

I need to figure out whether it's the prednisone or the Skelaxin or both--I'm on day 7 of a 15-day taper.

Comment

Medications...when they work...are a blessing. However, the durn things all have some side effect. Also what is fine for one person may not be okay for another.

My neuro won't put me on Prednisone; I get so irked because it does really help, but they point out the very real and bad side effects.

I've been on Skelaxin and for me it was useful (it worked!) I am very sensitive to meds.

I think dizziness with the skelaxin is pretty common; i do think it says not to drive, do that is likely why.

Mainly remember to drink lots of water with any of the meds. Good luck.
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Day 10 of 15, Foggy and Slow

Is this common with Prednisone taper?

I didn't get the energy on this taper. I got up this morning, foggy, slow reflexes, airhead, slow memory, etc. Is this my adrenaline trying to take over?

When should I expect to get my energy back to "normal"?

Comment

Working...
            X