Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amprya~Day #5

Hello fellow MS'ers!

I have read all the threads on Amprya. I started my first dose last Wednesday.

I was scared to death of all the side effects, especially the insomnia. I am not a pleasant person without my sleep at night.

So far, I have had NO side effects! I haven't noticed any particular changes, but from other posts I have read, it may take a couple of weeks.

I work full time and am very fortunate I can still be fairly active. I work out for an hour on the treadmill 5 times a week, just can't run anymore. I was diagnosed with PPMS 10 months ago. My main symptoms are fatique, numbness in my leg. I am concerned because now I am having tingling in my hand now along with my legs.

I know it's primary for walking, but I have noticed people commenting that it has helped with fatigue and energy level.

I was wondering if anyone else on Amprya has had good success, what symptoms it helped for you, and how long it took for you to notice a change if your physical well being.

Thanks all!!
    Fall down seven times....get up eight!

Keep us posted on your progress. I still am not approved by my ins co for Amprya. But I'm still working on it with my Doctor. Good luck to you!

Comment

Good luck to you GinnyRuth on getting the prescription!

My process actually went pretty fast. By the time the doctor OK me, until it came to my door was about 3 weeks.

Once you get it and have been on it, post your results! I am very anxious to see how this works. I hope you have the same luck I am with the side effects!!
      Fall down seven times....get up eight!

Comment

I am now on month 5 of Amp, It has helped my walking, and as a result of that it has helped my fatique some as it seems easier to walk. I had problems sleeping but changed my schedule so I take my PM dose right before I go to bed and that took care of that problem.
        Some people seem to feel the effect level drops off after a while but I wil say to anyone that thinks that is the case don't take a dose or 2 and see what happpens, I can really feel the difference then, I think your body just gets used to the new and improved and you don't notice anymore.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Good news Scooter!

Comment

New Ampyra user here too!

Hi All! I am on Day 4 of Ampyra myself. No results yet - hoping!

The instructions say that you can take with or without food. Does anyone have opinions? Both yesterday and today I have had very uncomfortable stomach cramping within an hour or so after taking my morning dose - it usually goes away in another hour or so. I do not eat breakfast so it is totally on an empty stomach. The evening dose is fine. I am wondering if I need to eat before that morning dose?

I have also had a bit of a headache but that was worse the first 2 days and seems to be subsiding now.

I read that the drug helps "walking speed". What do they mean by that? It has to help walking in general or can't help your speed - right? I just don't get why they are so particular to say "speed".

Good luck to everyone - here's hoping for good results for us all!!

Comment

Working...
            X