QUESTIONS ON FIRST APPTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTIONS ON FIRST APPTS

WOULD ANYONE BE WILLING TO SHARE WHAT THEIR FIRST APPT. WAS LIKE WITH A NEURO-WHAT THE TESTS ARE LIKE THAT THEY DO, ETC ETC?

- Medical history
    - Problems you are having (symptoms)
    - Neurological exam -- this is non-evasive and I have never had to take off more than my shoes and socks.

There are tests that might be ordered -- EEG, EMG, MRIs, Bloodwork, Lumbar Puncture. Testing will depend on what the Neurologist feels is necessary.

This URL give you some information about the diagnostic process:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...-ms/index.aspx
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

THANK YOU SNOOPY. THAT HELPS!

Comment

Snoopy gave you the basics and a great link.

I would like to mention that you may want to make a list to take with you of your symptoms; when they happen, length of time, etc. as best you can. Symptoms are a very important part of the diagnosis.

You may also want to take someone else with you to absorb any information/take notes for you for things that you can't process/remember at the appt. It can be overwhelming, especially if you are nervous or worried.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

THANK YOU. I HAVE BEEN KEEPING A LIST OF SYMPTOMS AND HOW LONG THEY LAST. I WAS AFRAID MY NEURO WOULD THINK I WAS NUTS FOR PULLING IT OUT, SO YOUR ADVICE HELPS ME KNOW IT'S OK TO DO THAT. OF COURSE I HOPE IT'S NOT MS, BUT IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT IF IT IS I HAVE A NICE PLACE TO GO WITH HELPFUL, KIND PEOPLE. THANK YOU.

Comment

I agree with all the posts. Symptoms are the key. Know what symptoms you have, when they started, what brings them on. A diary is great. Time of day when you are at your best and worse. What you do to help get you thru the day, ice, movement, etc. etc. A list of medications. Family medical history. Just a few to remember. It is important to either take someone with you, record the information, or write down what is being said to you. It is overwhelming in the beginning as there is so much information and tests, to rule out other diseases, etc. Also take a list of questions that you have for your doctor to answer. I was sent to an neuro opthomologist as well, since one of my symptoms was eye issues. Keep us posted.
            This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Working...
            X