Depakote side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depakote side effects

I just started taking Depakote ER to help prevent headaches and I am really having issues with the side effects. I've only been on it for a couple of days, but it is making me very nauseous (I do eat before taking it) and dizzy. As well, since I have been on it I have been waking up with a headache every morning.

Has anyone else taken Depakote and experienced these side effects? If so, do they eventually go away, or is there something I can do to counteract them (esp the nausea)?

Me too

I was started on Depakot some years ago and was working in a hospita. I didn't get the nausea but my eyes turned blood red. I got dizzy an then the knees started giving out. I fell a couple of times in front of my supervizor. She began confronting me about drinking at work. I told her that I had been taking a new medication. She finally sent me home. (Drunk and driving). The next day I went to the Doc. They said it was not an allergic reaction but a sensitivity. I have it listed in my medical records as an allergy so they won't give it to me again.

I later found out I had a sensitivity to that whole class of drugs. I hope this helps.
    Dave
    J.

Comment

I take 1500mg of Depakote daily for bipolar. When I first started I suffered with nausea but after awhile it passed. I guess my system became use to the drug.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X