• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosake, what is AZO?

Comment

IC

Cosake,
      About twenty years ago that was what the doctor told me I had. At least I think so. He said I had a sterile infection inside the triangle area where the bladder is emptying into the tubes. Kind of like a funnel. It is really funny but I keep thinking that this is more like my other muscle spasms. I have intermittent issues with my eyes where they spasm on and off. I had a pretty good day yesterday because all day the urge to pee was gone. (Knock on wood). But my other stupid symptoms are around with my eyes and the heaviness all over my body.
      RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
      on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
      Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Abby - AZO is an over the counter urinary relief med. It has Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride and is similiar to the prescription pyridium.

It makes your urine bright orange, but relieves that feeling of constant urgency, burning and frequency. You are not supposed to take it for extended periods of time. And you should not take it before talking to your doctor / giving a urine specimen to test for UTI because it will alter the test results.

Comment

You do need to have your urine checked ASAP. I vote for a urologist too but it depends on who you can see the quickest. I have frequent UTIs and bladder issues. Frequency is a biggie for an infection! You do need to drink lots of water. I find the cranberry juice and tablets help my bladder too. Good luck. Please get it checked out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple25 View Post
            I googled magnesium but it said that it was a laxative as well.
            I take 400mg 2X/day (in addition to multi-vitamins for a total of approx 1200mg daily) & it is not having a laxative effect on me.
            DX 10/2008
            Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
            Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
            Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
            X