Need a new PCP... can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new PCP... can anyone help?

Had an appointment with my primary today, which made me decide I need a new doctor. Over the course of the visit I heard the following
    1) No change in lesions - same lesions, same places for two MRIs, 8 months apart - ruled against MS. (The guy doesn't believe I have MS, despite the fact that my MS clinic neuro does).
    2) My symptoms are not from MS. One possibly isn't - eye problems. But limping, fatigue, some tingling. My MS is pretty mild thus far, admittedly.
    3) My B12 deficiency is not related to MS. Possibly to thyroid problems, which I also have, but it was "not symptomatic of MS."

So, after almost flying into a temper tantrum, I've decided I need a new doctor. Does anyone know of a good way to find one? or know of one in central CT?

I would think your neuro would address the fatigue, tingling, the symptoms that are typical of MS.

The only thing I use a primary family doc for is my allergy meds. and if I get a sinus infection. I don't expect this doc to know that much about MS.

I might ask friends who they see so you can say you were referred by them. Good luck finding a doc you are happy with!

Comment

Why not ask your neuro for a suggestion, if you get along well with him? I would think they'd have an opinion about which doctors they work well with.

Comment

I had the bad situation that when my MS showed up, so did a few new autoimmune diseases. A lot of similar symptoms, but the neuro only treats the MS - means that I really need to have the PCP know what he's treating (and not demeaning me when I say something is the MS, which is what was happening).
        Already checking with friends... Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I agree with QuickType, ask your neuro for a recommendation. Mine has a list of drs he regularly works with so they are accustomed to MS pts & our challenges.
          DX 10/2008
          Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
          Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

It's a good suggestion. I'll ask the next time I'm in.

Comment

Working...
            X