excessive sweating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excessive sweating

Could this be from my steroids? I am sitting here sweat dripping from my head. Picked up grandkids from day care, and made easy supper for all,baked ziti in a pre made package and salad in a bag and veggies in a bag. All I did was deep fry raviolies from a package, so I did not do alot of work and my hair is as wet as grandaughters who just was swimming. Even my dd agreed with me that is yucky.

Only my hiar is so sweaty, not armpits or anywhere else.

Ideas on how to help besides washing my hiar 3 times a day, which is not good for my hair. And has anyone ever had this reaction?

JudySz

Now that you mention it, I just finished a round of steroids and when I was on about 80 through 40mg of prednisone, tapering off, I was sweaty as anything with minor exertion. My forehead even got drippy, and I don't do that normally even if I'm really working hard.

Now that I'm off of them I am back to normal. Hopefully your sweating will resolve itself soon!

Comment

Instead of washing your hair just try rinsing it. It is okay for it to be wet, cools you, since it is just a short term thing.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I sweat like an icebag sitting in the sun in july. If ya find something that stops it please let me know.

Steroids are hard on the system, it might make ya sweat, i would call doc and see.

Comment

Originally posted by JudySz View Post
          Could this be from my steroids? I am sitting here sweat...

JudySz
          Yes it is from the steroids. I had the same experience when I was on Prednisone. I was extremely sensitive to heat and any exertion caused sweating. I would sleep with a towel on my pillow at night because it got so bad. It will go away as your dosage gets lower

Comment

Working...
          X