Coping with long-term vision issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heliotrope View Post
    Recently discovered that not completely opening my eye "fixes" my double vision, but I need a better long term solution
    Now that you bring it up... One of the things you can try is a pinhole contact lens on the eye with the accommodative spasm.

Comment

Thanks! I have a follow-up with one of the eye doctors (I got sent back to the neuro-ophthalmologist) and I'm definitely asking. Sick of being sent home with the expectation that it's going to away. You all are the best!

Comment

Helitrope

Have you tried switching switching the eye with the patch?
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Believe it or not, the eye is visibly tracking wrong, so I know which one isn't working. My family can look at me and see when I'm seeing double because the pupil is basically at my nose. My vision is also clearer in my good eye, so it makes more sense to patch the damaged one.

Comment

Glad to hear you're going back to the neuro-ophth. You've got some contradictory things going on (e.g., accommodative spasm doesn't usually cause tracking problems) and it will be difficult to identify possible compensating strategies until all of the possible contributory causes are identified. Please let us know what you find out at your appointment.

Comment

Will do! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X