Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden back pain

Hello all,

I was at my dr's this morning getting my monthly B12 injection in my arm. About 30 minutes later I was at a checkout at a store and I got severe lower back pain. It feels like it's at the base of my spine. My legs feel real weak now and it hurts like crazy to walk. I am okay if I am sitting but once I move, it's incredibly painful.

Anyone have similar pain before? As far as I know, there has been no injury to that area and on MRI of lower spine(from 1 1/2 yr ago) was normal.

Thanks (dx with RRMS since 2005)
    DX RRMS 04/05

I had this happen about two months ago. I started to sit down and suddenly had a horrendous pain in my lower back. It lasted for several days, then gradually let up, though I occasionally get a flair up of now and then.

It was really severe pain. I could barely walk and had to sit on several soft blankets in my recliner to get any relief at all. I probably should have gone to the doctor at that time, but I was having other stuff going on with a bad mammogram and biopsies and I just couldn't handle dealing with anything else. I did have an x-ray week before last, and it was normal, so my doctor thinks it was just a really bad muscle spasm (which I frequently have in my legs and arms.)

You do need to get this checked out though. Not everything is related to MS. It could be a slipped or ruptured disk, especially with the leg weakness. Go to your doctor or an emergency room as soon as you can, just to be on the safe side.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
    X