Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Halloween 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Halloween 2010

Welcome to Rest Area 51... a special haven or your New MS family for newbies Dx'd w/MS in recent days or years and newbies at . Being a newbie can be as scarry and lonely as being in Limbo, The BIG questin answered, means many more new questions and decsions.

Hope everyone had a fun Holloween!!

I am trying out using the yellow triangle to help make our rest area easier to find. What do YOU think?

Pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot Pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the cool fresh air. Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

Remember:
    Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question.....
    ..........................is the one NOT asked.

How was your week? Good I hope.
    ............Any Dr. apts etc?

What does this week have in store for you?
    ...........Any Dr. apts etc.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That

Appt.

Echo on Thurs.
    Dave
    J.

Comment

the grandkids were soooo cute. Ms free weekend for me.
      hs football on Fri, shopping on Sat and Halloween yesterday.

Also made grandaughters HALLOWEEN PARTY at schoo.

Hope it continues and that you all have a good week.

It is the steroids. (I love them) Cleaning basement later

JudySz

Comment

We had a great time taking the kids out trick or treating last night. They fought over who got to ring the doorbells, but it was still a good time. Then they had a grand time giving out candy at home; I will miss this when they are no longer 4.

I see the neuro tomorrow to get started on my meds. I have a few questions for him, but plan to go with Copaxone and see what happens. I've added some fish oil, flaxseed oil, Vitamin D and B12 to my regimen, so will run those past him as well. I think my steroids are making me angry, but I guess I could be angry from the diagnosis this month , so I'm trying to keep my cool and take deep breaths.

I hope you are all having a lovely Monday!

Comment

For those of you on steroids please come to my house, clean my garage, cook a bit, touch up the bathroom, a little gardening left to do...well, the list could go on and on. Enjoy it!

The trick and treaters were very polite this year, or my standards are a bit lower, not sure which. We had mainly taller kids (meaning older than 10 years, I assume) and for the most part they were funny, polite and really nice to see. For a change they were mostly in costume. One penguin was at least 6 ft tall - but he was a sweetie, although as I said to him he was the tallest penguin I've ever seen.

I'm having a reaction from the Avonex - did this before and switched to powdered Avonex, doing the same thing this time (large (4, 5, or 6 inches) red marks that appear about 48 hours after the shot and last several weeks. It doesn't hurt, itch or feel warm, but it's where the shot was, and it's easy to tell it's from the shot. Both times I have been on the form of Avonex five months or so when this starts... ERGH! I see the MS doc next week - I guess we'll discuss this too.

All is well overall - I do indeed count my blessings.

Comment

Had a great time trick or treating with my younger two last night. Lots of walking...made for good exercise.

Tonight is shot night! Woohoo...anybody else notice their mood is a little pissy on shot day?

Nothing new, no appointments until January unless this MonSter wakes up before then. Shhhh...please let it rest.

Wishing everybody a great week!

Comment

Originally posted by ollieopps View Post
              I'm having a reaction from the Avonex - did this before and switched to powdered Avonex, doing the same thing this time (large (4, 5, or 6 inches) red marks that appear about 48 hours after the shot and last several weeks. It doesn't hurt, itch or feel warm, but it's where the shot was, and it's easy to tell it's from the shot. Both times I have been on the form of Avonex five months or so when this starts... ERGH! I see the MS doc next week - I guess we'll discuss this too.
              I hope they can figure out what is going on so that you can get this under control. What an obnoxious side effect!

Comment

Shot night.

bballmom
                I get that the day of the shot. But the day following the night of the shot I actually feel better and get more done. It takes a bit longer to get out of bed but after coffee I am off and running. (Rebif). I don't know what you are taking and that might make the difference.
                Dave
                J.

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                  bballmom
                  I get that the day of the shot. But the day following the night of the shot I actually feel better and get more done. It takes a bit longer to get out of bed but after coffee I am off and running. (Rebif). I don't know what you are taking and that might make the difference.
                  Dave
                  J.
                  Journeyman, I'm on Avonex and on shot day I find myself in a really bad mood. Not sad...just a big meanie if you will. On the plus side, I've never had any of the Avonex side effects so, I hopefully the kids can take me being a little fussy once a week.

Comment

bball i found that i was grouchy on shot day when i was on avonex. i think it is because i knew i was going to have to do it, so i dreaded it all day long.

still not much going on with me. just living my life to the fullest and enjoying this vacation from shots!! i have been shot-free for 2 months now, and i think that the longer i am shot-free (and not having ms issues), the harder it will be for me to want to back on a shot regimen.

BUT, i do go for mri's on friday. if those look good, that will be one more reason for me to not want to go back on meds. if they look bad, then i think it will scare me to go forward with the copaxone...
                    Melody
                    Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

Art

I am trying to set up an art show for the walk next year. It must have been a good idea because it is starting to mushroom. I had hoped it would be a local thing and art would be done my MSers and Caretakers. But I am getting people from other states. I took the idea to the gentleman that handles events like this. He has other towns and events like the bicycle rides.

It's not like I have not done this before but I am trying to emerge from my MS and do somethin that I am interested in. So Please keep my in your thoughts that I will keep up the strentgh and this will benefit MS research.
                      Dave

Comment

roo...wishing you the best with your MRI's this week. I would rather have a LP than an MRI...those machines scare the crap outta me. Glad to hear you're doing well off the meds.

Comment

Originally posted by bballmom View Post
                          roo...wishing you the best with your MRI's this week. I would rather have a LP than an MRI...those machines scare the crap outta me. Glad to hear you're doing well off the meds.
                          Not me I HATE needles. You would think I would be over my hatred of needles by now, but no such luck.

I am looking forward to napping in the MRI machine! I can't do anything else, so it forces me to relax.
                          Melody
                          Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

Roo.......How R U?

Hate NEEDLES....... how could that be?

Better not become an insulin dependent diabetic, EVERY DAY is shot day, more like 5 shots a day, not counting a DMD/CRAB.

J.man.........Good luck on your MScoaster and Art, hang in there.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

Done

I just got back from my Echo of the heart valves.
                              Just put in my third call to my Neuro.

I need to find out what is going on with me.Do I or do I not have MS. I need a clear dx. My insurance co. says yes so I guess I should believe them. The head tests say no. My body says yes. SO.......

EASY GOING THERE DOC. I can feel sarcasmcoming on.

The art thing has a big burst at the start but has died down since then.
                              All of you take care.
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X