Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch!

You know those two dips you have in your neck on each side just below the base of your skull?

Well, all day I've had intermittent stabbing pain in the right side, in the back of my neck in that dip, just below the skull.

If I put pressure on it, the pain stays more of a constant than a stabbing and helps because I can stand constant pain better than stabbing or throbbing.

What could this be? It hurts really bad and then it seems like it moves and turns into a headache in the front of my head

Jami Lea, it sounds like neuralgia, shooting nerve pain. I get pain like feels like someone is driving a nail down through the top of my head sometimes; other times it's shooting pains I call "zingers". Nothing really helps, though gabapentin is supposed to.

I also have occipital neuralgia, inflammation of the nerve that runs up the back of the neck and head (mine is on the right side.) It can be extremely painful (feels like someone driving an ice pick through the back of my skull on that side. There is only one thing I've ever taken that helps with that pain and it's an over-the-counter medication called Percogesic. However, in recent years they've changed the formula and it doesn't work nearly as well as it used to.

I hope you get relief soon.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
    X