Possible Copaxone side effect????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Copaxone side effect????

Been on Copaxone for almost three months. Just came out of relapse, or so I think so.

I had a sinus infection last week and got a rocephin shot and Z pac.

On the third day after, I started have some sort of mix of three symptoms. Since then this episode does not come every day but a bit on some days, full days other and on some just and hour or two.

Symptoms are: It starts with a serious dry mouth, then I get dizzy and then a stomach upset with weird bowel movements (sorry for the graphic).

Anyone on C had this problem, suggestions welcome?

Hi Wobbler:
    The symptoms you're having are all known, even if infrequent, side effects of your antibiotics. Considering that your symptoms started three days after your antibiotics, the timing is more suggestive of these being side effects of the antibiotics rather than of Copaxone, which you've already been on for three months without this kind of problem.

Is there something in particular that makes you think the symptoms are connected to Copaxone rather than the antibiotics?

Comment

Wobbler, I've been on Copaxone for a few years now and haven't had those types of side effects so far and I don't remember them being listed as side effects although they suggest letting them know about any other side effects that you may be experiencing. At this point I have to agree with Redwings on this that the culprit may very well be the Antibiotics. I think it would be worth investigating. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I agree, but wanted to check. Feeling the crap the past couple of weeks makes ones head wonder what the heck is up.

Unfortunately I am not off the antibiotics any time soon. I had to start a second round of Z Pack due to the infection not clearing up.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
        X