X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a relapse

Hi Everyone

Hope eveyone is doing well

Lately i've been feeling numbness in my left leg, the best way to describe it is when you get local anasthatic and its starting to ware off were it gets all tingly but that being the only sensation i have in my foot

This has been going on for almost a week, it has even contributed to me slipping down the stairs

Also i can't feel my pinkie fingers on my hand, they seem to have gone numb and tickling

has anyone experienced that? does this mean i'm in a relapse. This year i've been lucky as i haven't had a ful blown relapse and i've afraid that this ight be it

any advice would be appreciated

I think a relapse is any new or worsening symptom that lasts more then a few days. I could be wrong though, I'm quite new to this whole thing myself. Feel better soon.

~Elly
    I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

My MS neuro's office told me to call them about any symptoms that I have lasting more than 24 hours. They will know what to do based on the type of symptom, location, severity and frequency and can tell you if it is truly a relapse.

I highly recommend you contact your doctor's office. The way they explained it to me was that they aren't going to treat me for every symptom I report, but they do need to know to record the symptoms in my medical record for future reference and comparison and make recommendations for treatment if necessary.

Good luck.

Comment

Hello Bahoo

Here is a brief explanation of MS exacerbations (also known as relapses, attacks, flares).

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ons/index.aspx

Hope this is helpful!

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi

I'm Bahoo80 but had asked for my original username

I would like to thank everyone for there input. I spoke with my dr's nurse and will be going to see him on monday so will have to wait till then to see what he says

Comment

Working...
          X