Copaxone to tysabri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone to tysabri

hello i posted a question the other day concerningg copaxone. i would like to give a couple more details. Ive was on copaxone for 2& 1/2yrs.my neur took me off b/c of multiple new lesions. he wants to start me on TY after being off copaxone for 30days.my question was how long does copaxone stay in your system? ive been off for 30 days yesterday. ive talk to shared solutions but they said they were not sure.my neuro could not give me an answer either. so can anyone here give me an answer?
    THANKS!

They had me go off for 30 days before starting Ty

Comment

My neuro had me stay off for 6 months before changing over but I hadn't had any new lesions but rather was having injection site reactions. He didn't say but he may have also waited till I had been off chemo from my cancer treatment for a year, to be honest I didn't ask I was just happy to get off the daily shot. .
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I went from Copaxone to Ty 2 and 1/2 years ago and my neuro made me stay off Copaxone for 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by meissie47 View Post
          hello i posted a question the other day concerningg copaxone. i would like to give a couple more details. Ive was on copaxone for 2& 1/2yrs.my neur took me off b/c of multiple new lesions. he wants to start me on TY after being off copaxone for 30days.my question was how long does copaxone stay in your system? ive been off for 30 days yesterday. ive talk to shared solutions but they said they were not sure.my neuro could not give me an answer either. so can anyone here give me an answer?
          THANKS!
          I can't specifically answer your question, but why not try to get an answer from the opposite side? Contact the Ty people at the phone number found here:http://www.tysabri.com and ask them what they feel is a safe time period to be off Copaxone before starting Ty. They may not be able to answer your exact question, but you'll get the info you'll really need...when it's safe to start Ty.

My doc told me when I initially was switching to Ty from Copaxone that I would have been safe within the time it would have taken to make the arrangements, but if I felt better I could wait the 6 weeks he has interferon users washout. When I decided at that time not to take Ty, I switched to Rebif and then eventually did switch to Ty. Going from Rebif to Ty, I was off 6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
          X