Old diagnosis, new Copaxone prescription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old diagnosis, new Copaxone prescription

Hello my fellow MSers, my name is Lani and that is my story and I am sticking to it! LOL If I don't laugh at least once a day, I will cry.

I was diagnosed October 1999 (I think it was October, I have MS and sometimes can't remember anything.)

Let's see, I'm now 40 something, extremely overweight, unemployed, uninsured, and by my past interviews over qualified or over-educated. Whatever, I have applied for Disability, was denied and I am in my appeal process. I am confused though, MS is on the quick determination list, to prevent the long lengthy process, but I guess someone forgot to read my medical records or something, but oh well.

I am a mother of two, my daughter is 20 and my son will be 17 in May. I am divorced from their father and am married to a wonderful man that married me even though he knew about my diagnosis. I haven't figured out why he wanted to marry me but, I don't ask him that anymore, he is my caretaker and my support group. I have my father that is living and with my children and my husband, I really couldn't ask for a better support system. Oh, how could I forget my four legged family members. I have a Chocolate Lab his name is DaKoDa and he is my service dog, I have a self-trained service dog/over trained pet that my previous co-workers spoiled so much that she doesn't get to work because she is too other people oriented. We have a calico kitty that rules the house and a 6 week old toy poodle that lets me cuddle him close and cry into his fur after my hubby gives me my Copaxone injection. I haven't got used to those yet. That is an entirely new post to write. I have found some really wonderful people her to talk to and look forward to talking to more.

I spend alot of time on the computer, and have recently spent alot of time in the chat rooms. See you next time!

Lani

Lani @}->
    Living with Progressive-Relapsing MS dgnsd 10/1999 - Dream, Believe, Achieve, and don't let the little things get you down!!

Hello Lani

Welcome to the MSWorld Forums!

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself.

It's wonderful to learn that you have great support from your husband, children, father, and your dogs and cat too

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Keep up your laughing - at least once a day

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X