Quite a day...not MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a day...not MS.

Had my testing completed today at the MS clinic. VEP normal, spinal MRI normal, brain MRI unchanged and atypical of MS. No history of an MS attack, and a normal LP.

Dr. does not think it is MS. I am to stop injections immediately.

After two years of having an MS diagnosis and 9 months on meds I have learned some things. Get healthy now! Enjoy life now! Turn to God more and...now! Oh, and sometimes questioning is not denial...it is necessary!

No idea what the future holds. All I know is that I owe my sanity to this site. I would surely have lost it if it had not been for all of you. Would love to list some of you that have been there for me...but then I will just leave somebody out. I have learned a lot from this site and I will do what I can to help fight MS.

God bless,

Jan

Hello Jan

So.......what did your doctor say could be going on? Any other possible condition?

Sorry your health issues are still not solved. That stinks.

Glad you don't have MS, but you're still left with an unknown?

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I hope your future holds good health and happiness. Stay positive and heed your own advice. It's good stuff.
      [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

To KoKo

This all started because of Bells Palsy. My symptoms have been very mild and now, I know, they are due to some thyroid and hormonal deficiencies.

I am a weird case. I had no symptoms, no attack, and got a diagnosis based on an MRI alone. I am opposite of so many people who have all the symptoms and a clear MRI. I think the doctors do not have it all figured out yet.

My doc is going to keep an eye on me for a few years, but for now, I do not have MS.

Comment

Splendid - this is splendid news!! You must be very happy now. I like your attitude regarding what you have learned on this journey....it's something that all of us (w/ MS or not!) need to focus on.

Good luck to you!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello Jan

This all started because of Bells Palsy. My symptoms have been very mild and now, I know, they are due to some thyroid and hormonal deficiencies.
            Thanks for sharing that.

I am a weird case. I had no symptoms, no attack, and got a diagnosis based on an MRI alone. I am opposite of so many people who have all the symptoms and a clear MRI. I think the doctors do not have it all figured out yet.
            Gosh, that is weird (not you). You received the MS diagnosis - and so many others with tons of symptoms wait years.

My doc is going to keep an eye on me for a few years, but for now, I do not have MS.
            Well then, that's great! Hopefully when your deficiencies are corrected, you'll be feeling better. Glad your doc is still going to pay attention to your symptoms.

Keep us informed as to how you're feeling, ok?

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Splendid,
              How utterly SPLENDID it is to hear this news. Please keep us updated on what IS going on with you.
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

great news

Hi Splendid,

I am happy for you that you no longer have MS as a diagnosis.
                Is the Dr. saying you don't have it because
                there are no changes with the MRI and you have no symptoms?

jskmssss

Comment

Working...
                X