Copaxone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone question

I am wondering if is ok to get my Tetanus shot while taking it.

When I was on Copaxone, I had no problems getting my immunizations updated, including tetnus. The doc said they shouldn't interfere with each other.
    Rae Roy

Comment

I have had not only the tetanus booster, but also a variety of oddball immunizations for international travel while on Copaxone - yellow fever, meningitis, Japanese equine encephalitis, a few others I forgot. No problems with any of them.

Comment

I got one and a flu shot last year had no problems.

Comment

Yep ~ I had a tetanus shot last year...
          Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

Thank you all will get my booster shot soon then since I am overdue.

Comment

Always, ALWAYS check with your MS docs before you receive ANY immunizations. Depending on your individual symptoms/MS type your doctor might like to have a say on whether or not a particular vaccine is safe for you. I'm on Copaxone, and really like it. But as a personal note, I cannot take vaccines because of the condition of my immune system between Steroids and my chemotherapy for Breast Cancer. This means my family got the flu shot, but I did not. I am not saying that nobody with MS should get vaccines, but check with your care provider FIRST.
              The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

warrenfertig, I agree with fixitgal, check with your dr first before taking any shots that might interfere while you are taking Copaxone. I've been using Copaxone for many years now and I can only remember one year when it was announced not to take the flu shot due to the particular strain of flu that was going around at the time. So check with your health care provider to be sure. I've already had the flu shot for this coming strain.

Comment

Working...
                X