Meds and Driving Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meds and Driving Warnings

I recently watched a news show that was talking about the new crack down on people driving while taking meds.

While I forget the number of states that have already passed laws about this, the number was pretty high.

If you are stopped you will be subjected to the same testing (short of a breathalyzer) that suspected drunk drivers do.

Here's the problem for many of us, our balance is no good to start with and neither is our ability to follow a pen from side to side.

The thing that is really scary here is, is that even some allergy meds and cough meds will cause you to fail these field tests.

Personally, my meds have been known to act differently at times. I would hate to think that I could be charged with a crime for taking my baclofen. If I don't take it I wouldn't be able to drive in no time at all.

What about people who are still working??? Or people who have a cold, and need to work.

While I am not advocating being irresponsible, I do wonder how people would keep a job if they had to stay home because they had to take meds.

I was recently stopped after coming out of a resturant when I forgot my cain and the cop saw me stagger a little, he gave me a field sobriety test which due to my balance problems
    I did not pass. I then gave him a copy of the letter I have from my Nuero stating that I have MS and that it can cause balance problems, slurred speach, difficulrty walking etc, upon reading it he apologized for bothering me and said have a nice day but also noted the letter was a good idea as if I had not had it he would have taken me in for blood test and had my truck towed. My nuero head no problem signing it, make sure it is on thier letter head and has your birth day, and drivers license # and address in it.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
    X