New to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site

I was told I have RRMS, in June of 2007. It was a shock to say the least. I was working 12hr/day & days/week.In less than 3 weeks I was unable to walk, and my eye sight went while in hospital. Since then I have had my eye sight return went from a wheel chair to walker now use a cane. I still do not work. I look at MS as both a gift and a curse, as it allowed me to take holiday for the first time in 25 years, a curse as I can no longer work or do all the things I used to do. I was 49 years old Had not visited a Dr 25 years then bam. Since going on copaxone I been 21 months with out a relapse, knock on wood. There is no family history of MS. I went through all feeling shock, self pity, anger, and now acceptance. The hardest part of MS for me is watching people do all things for me I used do without thinking.

Glad you are here Bear.
    Thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

Hello Bear

Welcome to MSWorld Forums.

I'm knocking on wood here, hoping that you continue to have positive results from using Copaxone

I agree that it's very hard not being able to do all the things we used to do and seeing others do them so easily. It brings back memories.....

Now I'm in to focusing on what I can do, and doing the best with that.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Best wishes and take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X