Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copaxone and cancer

hi
    i appologize for the mistakes i'm from israel.
    in 2005 i had a big oppration and was diagnosed with noieuroendocrine tumor on the pancrias.
    the patalogy report said that although it was metatistic the groth is supposed to be slow.
    0n 8/2009 CT showed something that was thought to be a small groth near the area of the opparation.
    unfortunatly i was also diegnosed with MS. i started copaxone at the end of april 2010.
    on march i had a CT that was almost the same as the one from 8/2009.
    on august 2010 i had another CT and it showed that my liver is demmeged. i had a biopsey and it was the same original noieroendocrine cartinoma. the onkologist can not explain why it had spred faster. he says that there is a controdiction betwin the CT and the patology report.
    is there anyone who have the same 2 illneses as me?
    does anyone know about conection betwin copaxsone and cancer, and my kind of canaer in particular?
    i will be gratfull to hear and learn from you.

I have not looked into Capoxone, nor know any of it's side effects. But I would think that if it alters the function of the immune system in any way - such as suppressing it's function, that could conceivably reduce it's effectiveness in fighting the cancer.

My husband was on steroids and chemo to suppress his immune system a couple of times. One of the side effects of the treatment was an increased risk of cancer several years after the treatment ended.
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

MS and Cancer

I was diagnosed with MS about 4 years ago. I have been taking Rebif since then. Last December (10 months ago) I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had an axillary dissection and a right side mastectomy followed by 16 rounds of chemotherapy. Neither my neurologist nor my oncologist has mentioned any particular link between MS/Interferons/Breast Cancer. I do realize that Copaxone is not an interferon.

I have always been told that someone with MS is subject to the same diseases as someone without MS. Of course, the strong drugs that we often take could certainly increase our risk of getting other diseases.

By the way, my son spent 2 weeks in Israel this past summer and my daughter spent a month there in the summer of 2008. Don't feel you have to apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors. I venture to say your English is better than the Hebrew of most people who post here.

Comment

Working...
      X