Disurbing and gross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disurbing and gross

So I am a little distraught about my period. I have been clotting very, very heavily and I have crazy cramping when I am passing one. I had my tubes tied 2 years ago, and have never had a period like this before. Has anyone experienced this? I think I may call the Doctor tomorrow, it has me that freaked out.
    Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

I have not heard of this kind of problem related to MS but the general kind of advice would be that any kind of significant change to your "normal" pattern should be reported to your Doctor- there are alots of possible reasons and most are very simple but it needs to be checked

Comment

I had one like that last winter. I also had cramping before the period with let down reflexes. They ran a pregnancy test which was negative. Then tried a uterine biopsy and my cervix was clamped tightly so he said he would have to put me under to do the biopsy. Since I was already going under, decided to do a uterine ablation at the same time as the biopsy. Everything came back normal.

He couldn't find a cause for the cramping, which lasted for six months. And now I'm having it again, along with the let down reflexes again. I think the cramping is neurological. But the clotting definitely was age related.

As I understand it, when you get older (not sure what your age is), the functioning of the cells lining the uterus becomes less coordinated and causes all kinds of bleeding problems, from clots to heavy bleeding, to spotting between periods.

But because it can indicate other problems, they like to do testing to double check that it's nothing serious. Mine started with an ultrasound, then biopsy.

Best wishes, but definitely have it checked out to be on the safe side.
      I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Is it possible the cervix could clamp shut and not allow the flow to come out properly? Now I'm starting to wonder if that's what happened with mine last year. I've been having the cramps and spasms again in there this cycle, and it isn't acting right either.

Curious. Anyone else?
        I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

me too

I don't know how old you are, but after 40, I started having that. There would be huge clots that would burst and flood my sanitary protection. I would have to wear a tampon AND a pad, and even then, it would spill over.

But it started pre-MS, so it was probably just the change of age. (I also had my tubes tied-- at 32.)

It was more a matter of handling it-- a hassle, but workable.

I'm not having periods much (peri-menopause), but when I do have a period, the first two days, I have to be very close to a bathroom, and I always pack a couple extra sets of panties.

Oh, well. It's hard to be a woman.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by spuffy View Post
            Oh, well. It's hard to be a woman.
            Yes it is very hard to be us I am only 31 now, had my tubes tied at 29, after my 3rd baby. My period is calming down now, and i have a doctors appointment setup for next week, she said she may run some tests, but the cervix comment from earlier seems a possiblity. My cervix didn't work for any of my 3 little ones so all 3 were c-sections. It is highly possible that all the cramping is from this stupid body of mine reacting to this illness we call MS. BLAHHHH
            Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

Periods

My periods are getting worse too and I am now 43, but not as bad as you describe. I do get cramps the first two days that sometimes make me double over and gasp.

Since I now have heavier flow, I have switched to using a Diva cup. It is a silcone cup you insert and can wear 12 hours without leaking. It has taken some big clots too. You can empty it more often, of course. I almost forget it is there as it is so comfortable. I use a pantiliner just for a bit when I first put it in until it seals when I am flowing heavy.

It pays for itself too. I think I paid $75.00 for it 6 years ago. Add up how much tampons and pads cost in six years and you know it was more than the cost of the cup!

I highly recommend it for those of you who burst through everything. It has helped me with those issues. If only the cramps would go away!

Comment

Working...
              X