Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange symptoms

Hi,
    I am brand new to this forum but not to MS, I was diagnosed 17 years ago, lesions on the brain. Did a bout of interferon and went into total denial. I have had symptoms off and on for all these years. I also am a diabetic. About two years ago I started to notice these little spells that would come on, they are very hard to describe, I felt funny and my sight would narrow and it would last for maybe a few seconds. I never knew when they would hit; sometimes I would have several in a day and then go for weeks with nothing. Ignored it and last year the spells changed, now I started to notice anxiety along with these spells, after a spell I would get anxiety that would last for days and sometimes up to a couple of weeks.

I am finally telling my doctor about it and they have run tests, but so far all my blood work comes out fine, my sugar is high but they don’t think it is linked with this symptom. Now I am in the middle of one of these spells and I noticed even my taste changes, everything I eat or drink tastes off. I am so anxious and I noticed I don’t want to go to bed at night. I exercise six days a week and one day I was walking with my mother and I had a spell and she said that she was talking to me and I had no idea that she had said anything, in other words I lost some time, it was only seconds but it still bothers me. I now notice that if I have a bad spell I do lose a few seconds of time.

I have been going to acupuncture to help with my anxiety but now I am wondering if this is somehow connected to my MS. I will be going to a neuro, my doctor has ordered it, and so I am waiting for that appointment. I will have a beautiful week where I am almost my old self and before I know it this comes back and I have a week of literally hell. Just wondering if anyone here has experience anything like this, it is almost like a seizure.

****post broken into paragraphs for easier reading****
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
    Mark Twain

I think many of us have 'episodes' or seizure like activity. I thought I was the only one, but you'll see a lot of posting regarding this topic. Many of my episodes mimic yours and you'll see many postings that will have 'shades' of what you describe. You should discuss with your neurologist, especially as this is a new symptom to you.

FYI - my 'episodes' ranged from 20+ per day to once or twice a week, they also range from what I would describe as minor to so strong they seemingly take me to my knees - or rather a thunderbolt to the head.

Comment

Thanks for answering me, is there anything we can do to ease the anxiety, it feels like my body and mind is charged up. I have been taking valerian root and melatonin to help me sleep. I also embarrassingly have had a few accidents while in this strange state, if you know what I mean. It is like a living hell. But it is nice to know I am not alone in this.
      Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
      Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X