Vacation suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation suggestion

I am feeling better than I have felt in 2 years, so I thought it would be a good idea to plan a family vacation, maybe a cruise. I use a scooter to get around for distance, but I can still walk short distances.
    Any suggestions?

You live in Canada...which province? I love Vancouver and Vancouver Island for a vacation spot. I've also always wanted to take that transcontinental train tour...the one from Toronto to Vancouver.

I have had lots of friends take the cruise to Alaska...they loved it.

Of course if you're planning on going in the winter, probably one of those Caribbean cruises would provide nicer weather.

My favorite vacations put us in one spot, with activities to pursue, if I feel up to it. In a comfortable enough venue that I can entertain myself and stay behind but send the family off on excursions if I'm not feeling up to them.

Comment

I'd take the Alaska cruise out from Vancouver.
      skeezix
      dx. rrms Nov/09. Not using DMD's.
      Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!
        Are most cruises good for scooter/wheelchair accessability?
        The scooter is my only concern. Does anyone have any good experiences on a resort with a scooter?

Comment

My husband & I went on the "Cruise for a Cause" a few years ago to the Caribbean sp? It was on Royal Caribbean. 7 days. It was fun and beautiful!
          Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by snuzzer View Post
            My husband & I went on the "Cruise for a Cause" a few years ago to the Caribbean sp? It was on Royal Caribbean. 7 days. It was fun and beautiful!
            My husband and I went on the MS Cruise to Alaska in June. Loved it so much, we're booked already for 10th MS Cruise for a Cause next September in the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacer View Post
              Are most cruises good for scooter/wheelchair accessability?
              The scooter is my only concern.
              It shouldn't be a problem but I'd call ahead and ask if there are special rules for things like check-in and main deck (outdoor) access.
              Otherwise, bring an appetite. Most cruise ships only serve 5 or 6 meals a day not counting room service.

Comment

Working...
              X