Walking - Leg Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking - Leg Issues

I can walk around at home - to the stores. When I set out to walk for exercise .25 miles give or take, I start to get numbing, tingling, annoying sensations from right above my knees up my thigh region. Any thoughts on this - neuro indicates there is a medication she can prescribe for this, unfortunately I do not recall the drug. ??

Hello BrownDog

I can walk around at home - to the stores. When I set out to walk for exercise .25 miles give or take, I start to get numbing, tingling, annoying sensations from right above my knees up my thigh region. Any thoughts on this - neuro indicates there is a medication she can prescribe for this, unfortunately I do not recall the drug. ??
    Here is a brief article from the National MS Society about pain and other odd sensations. Medications that are commonly used for these symptoms are also mentioned.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ain/index.aspx

Hope this helps! Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

What you describe sounds eerily like the way I started. I'm not aware of any medication although the previous reply provides you with some information.

My advice to you is to be very aware of your symptoms. If this sensation starts creeping in to your daily activities and not just when you exercise, regardless of whatever medication you might be taking, see your neuro right away.
      Steve

Comment

I think the drug you may be asking about is Ampyra. This has helped with my walking greatly.

Comment

Working...
        X