So I punched it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I punched it...

A little vent that I can laugh about now...

Tonight I was hungry so I made myself a sandwich. I made sure to not forget any ingredients, take my time and put lots of care into it.

As I was standing next to the table, sandwich finally constructed, my cane started to slide and fall. Of course, I tried to catch it, failing to do so, but successfully knocking my plate with the sandwich on it over, spilling most of its contents on the floor.

You know, it's bad enough that I have to hobble around in pain but now I can't even eat a good sandwich?

Yeah, I looked right at the remaining bread, meat and cheese and slammed my fist right into it.

I can't tell you how relieving it is to punch a sandwich. I immediately felt silly but just a little upset that I still had to eat the smashed delight. I still had the good stuff intact.

Stupid cane. Stupid balance. Stupid body.

Good sandwich.
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Bless your heart. I am glad that you can laugh ablut it now. I hope the snadwitch was good.

I hope that your balance will get better soon and that your cane will behave it's self. (((((hugs)))))

Comment

Awww, sorry that your yummy sandwich didn't turn out quite as you had hoped. It can be quite challenging having to work around our limitations, can't it. It could have been worse though. You could have lost the whole thing to the dog!

Hugs,

Lisa
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I have lost mine to a dog before! My dog is a vacuum. I don't even think she tastes anything she inhales, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by karinnech View Post
          I have lost mine to a dog before! My dog is a vacuum. I don't even think she tastes anything she inhales, lol.
          OMG mine too! It's ridiculous the way she scarfs food, you'd think I never feed her! Mama, sorry you lost your samich...and I probably would have punched it too, so you're not alone in your silliness!

Comment

Reading about you punching your sandwich brought a smile to my face--sorry- I know how frustrating it is trying to use a cane and carrying something at the same time! I also think STUPID CANE, STUPID BALANCE!!

I hope it still tasted good! I usually wear a zippered sweatshirt over another shirt so I can carry stuff from room to room, (water bottle, napkins, granola bars, salt shaker, you name it). All too often I have dropped things and have spoken afew "choice words"!

I also put those stretchy covers on top of bowls so if I do drop them they don't spill. I think my cane falls down at least 6 or 8 times a day. It has some serious battle scars!!

I am thinking of wearing a "tool man" apron around the house to carry things. I might look like a fool, but then I act like one too, so what else is new (he-he!)

Here's to a good sandwich next time Mama!!

Comment

I am happy to say that, despite the hideous appearance of my sandwich, it was still quite tasty.

I no longer have a dog, anymore, but I did have a wide-eyed, freaked out 11 year old son who scrambled around the kitchen picking up sandwich particles and mommy's sanity. Poor kid... Haha

He must think I'm nuts.
              Who am I kidding? I AM nuts!

I think it was him that brought me back to earth after my fist lashing. He laughed with me, afterwards. Kids are so great at that.

Today has been better. I've dropped my cane plenty of times but with no collateral damage, thankfully. Also, I ordered food so if it fell, at least I didn't put any hard work into making it.

Kathy, I tend to wear everything that has pockets. From cargo pants (LOVE those!) to aprons (even though I feel a bit like a carny with those on)... I also try to drink stuff with bottles or cups that have covers on them so I don't spill stuff everywhere. I love your idea with the stretchy covers. I don't know why I don't grab those whenever I go shopping. They're totally going on my list, now.

I'm glad I got some smiles and laughs with this story as that was my intention by posting it.

Well...I'm off to my not cooked by me burger!
              [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

I couldn't count the many times I dropped my cane. lol thanks for the little chuckle I know at the time its frustrating but later we can laugh at it.

I too use my pockets to carry things in too. very handy a hoody with deep pockets. I even been known to carry around pudding cups, spoons, cookies, candy, the list goes on. lol

I was on the fery one day and it can be a little bumpy the old ferries things. I had my walker with me trying to balance my tray with a sandwich and a cup of tea. I watched in horror my tray sowley sliding off my walker and my tea spilling every where. I was so embarrassed. I now carry a travel mug with me with a tightly sealed lid with it. I aslo look for sandwiches that are tightly wrapped up
                Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

ShakespearMoma, Sorry to hear about your mishaps, but I can remember a lot of my own during my 20 years of having M.S. i just thank God that we can eventually laugh about our silly deeds. we absolutely have to keep our humor and wits about us in our daily lives with this monster that we have been inflicted with on a daily basis or we will go stir crazy. good luck on your next sandwich!

Comment

Working...
                  X