My daughter has MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter has MS

I would like to tell our story. My daughter now 42 was diagnosed with MS at the age of 10, they say she might have had it sooner then that. At the age of 3 she fell from a swing and broke her arm. She was hospitalized for ten day, during that time I started seeing changes in her. I was told I was being over bearing, seeing thing that weren`t there. She got worse.Was hospitalized many times. I took her to childrens hospital.They told me the pin that was put in her arm was not steriled proper and she had Viral Encephalitis ( infection of the brain) she was in and out of the hospital many times. A few times I almost lost her. Then her nero. told me she had MS also. There are times that she is completly paralized. I am please to say we have worked hard to keep her going. Her dad got tired of it all and left us for a younger woman he is 66 and she is 30. I have fears today more then fears. The bottom of my feet has gone numb on me. my body is in so much pain that I go into another room to cry. So my daughter doesn`t know anything about it.My head feels like its going to fall off. For years I have been her stringht. She will do anything I want her to do as long as I am beside her.I spend two hours in the mornings helping her to do her thearpy and three house at night doing thearpy and messages. I am afriad to go to the doctors.
    So sorry for putting this on you. Maybe I shouldn`t post this.

Very sorry.
    It sort of sounds like you both have MS?
    Who can help you?

About hubby...66 with 30? What do you think that will look like in 10 years? 76 with 40?..... I would wager he will see his own heartbreak soon enough.

Perhaps you and dd can take care of each other?
    DD is 42 she can probably understand your struggle at some level?
    Please don't forget about you.
    Can you figure out a way to work with your dd as a team. or is she too far gone to help out?

Sorry for the missery that you have to deal with... This is a great place to vent or let it out that you are not happy.
    It's free and you will find lots of people that can relate or understand stress of it all.

Post what ever you want if it helps.
    I will pray for you today.

Comment

GloriaJean,

sorry you are afraid and donīt know what to do....
      maybe we can help.

I am 42 and have MS.
      have been since december having back to back flares.
      My mother 75 has come out to help me for a month.
      I have been a wreck.

yesterday she got hit by a bike and broke her arm, hurt her hip, still hoping thatīs nothing....
      and now I am taking care of her.

We are both broken, but we are laughing and on the light side of this I am very happy to help her tie her shoes which is a funny scene, put her clothes on etc. etc.

No matter what your daughter is exactly the person to understand this and support you.
      You donīt always have to be the strong one.
      I am sure she will be able to help you through this as you have helped her.

Good Luck and Peace of Mind
      a daughter
      zzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
      X