sleep deprived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleep deprived.

I am about to make an appointment and ask about sleeping medication to stop the itching, tingling and muscle cramps. Any I should be aware of that would work. I know your not drs. But any suggestions would be helpful. I tried calling nuros today but missed the office being closed by 3 min. arg... my sleep is totaly disturbed and I can't get rest. I feel i need Valium (i think that's right.) at night just to knock me out.

Sorry about having two posts now. I am sleep deprived.
    Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

I've been on so many different sleeping meds, I can't count them! I had good results with Ambien for about 2 years but it made me sleep-eat and I gained about 40 lbs. I never remembered eating the next day either... And when I got off of it, I went through withdrawals.

Now I'm on Rozerem and am loving it! It doesn't make me sleep-eat and I'm actually losing weight! I do wake up a few time during the night though but am always able to go back to sleep.
    Rae Roy

Comment

I sometimes use Flexeril at night which is a mild muscle relaxer, it doesn't knock me out at all though.

I use Ambian and it works very well for me. Rozeram gave me night terror like dreams. Shows you that one medication can be fine for someone and not another.

Because the real problem is the itching/muscle cramps, your doc may focus on treating that instead of just a sleep med.
      I hear you on valium, love it. Just afraid it might be habit forming. Antivan (loraxapam) is very similar.

I used to take a medication called Atarax for when I was camping and was prone to severe allergies. Wish I had some of that to knock me out at night!

Comment

I take two 300mg Neurontin (gabapentin) and one 10mg baclofen at night. The gabapentin is to help with the burning/tingling and the baclofen is for spasticity.

That combination helps me get to sleep and stay asleep - any other combination and it takes me hours to get to sleep and then I wake up every few hours.

I've had burning and tingling in my legs and feet for years now, and some nights it gets so bad that I can't stand the feeling of anything on my skin, so I need all the help sleeping I can get.

Comment

Working...
        X