Could it be Optic Neuritis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be Optic Neuritis?

I woke up this morning with my left eye extremely bloodshot.
    That eye is definitely achy, but no sharp pains. I have a really intense headache that does seem to be behind my eyes but I don't feel like it's behind only one eye. A couple of times this a.m. while looking at a computer my vision in that eye did blur for just a few seconds. Not sure if I could have optic neuritis? What do you think?
    FYI, I did "overdo" it yesterday & have been feeling a lot of my MS symptoms (lots of numbness & tingling & balance/coordination issues).

I think that overdoing can bring on this sort of problem. I had had way too many ON episodes to count and never with blood shot eyes and always on one side at a time. That being said, it could be possible but I don't know. Hope you feel better tomorrow!
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Allergies, conjunctivitis...but doesn't sound like ON. ON does not present with bloodshot eyes.
      DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
      Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
      DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like it's probably not ON.

Comment

Hi CocoH:
          You may not have ON (ON doesn't cause a red eye), but there might be something else going on with that eye (uveitis, for example) that needs to be looked at by an eye doctor. If your eye is still achy and red on Monday, call your eye doctor, not your neurologist, and have it looked at.

Comment

Thanks, Redwings. Good Advice.

Comment

Working...
            X