WII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WII

Hello everyone. I would like to know how you are using Wii and how it helpful for MS. I don't have one and was wondering if it really is worth it.

What parts do you need to make it work and which programs are best for MS?

I started using the Wii fit program after I had done a lot of PT where they used a "balance machine". I explained the process to my son and he gave me his Wii fit to use since he didn't want to move it to Boston with the rest of his stuff.

I then found that the other games encouraged me to keep moving and that is what is important.

Comment

GLAD you asked! i love my Wii. after my PT sessions ran out the PT suggested getting a Wii Fit Plus w/ balance board. was able to find it bundled with the whole Wii console, etc and a sports program.
      i noticed today that Walmart has Wii games for under $20 on sale on line. i don't know if that includes the console, etc.
      it's very easy to use and i wouldn't have gotten back into or kept up with my exercise without it!
      the easier yoga positions have helped keep me limber. also the body test and mind/ balance tests are good for balance, of course.
      there are a lot of fun games, etc. to do on it that i still haven't even gotten to.
      my DH and DD love to challenge me and each other on the sports program with golf and boxing. my MIL bowls with me and i can beat her even tho in 'real life' i couldn't hold a bowling ball.
      it was the best christmas present i've had in a long time!
      good luck in finding the right exercise medium for you.
      take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Which games are the funnest ones to use with MS?

Comment

Loving the Wii

I just got my Wii and I am a huge fan of the Wii sports resort and the archery and driving the cows games. I can do them from the sitting position and really feel it in my arms when I am done. They are also easy for my little ones to play so we can do it together and that makes it more fun than exercise. I'm not a huge fan of the super 3D like games, they tend to make me sick from all the jerky movements.
          Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

rosepetals,
            i love the wii!!!!!!! i`m in a wc, so any exercises for the legs are better awnsered by someone with expierience in that area. the best games for ms would be any that involve stretching and repition. wii fit, dance revolution, andd any other favorites that incorporate range of motion are good. have fun.

dave
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

i'm with hunterd, the wii is fantastic!!! i'm addicted! i have the wii fit plus w/ balance board. love all the balance games- snow boarding, going down the river in a bubble, the biking around the island you can do sitting or standing i discovered by stomping on the board hard enough. i do the yoga stretches (easy ones like half moon, deep breathing, sun salutation, warrior) tho i've worked up to all of these from the basic balance games.
              the wii sports is fun. especially when DH plays golf with me. i like the bowling & discovered you can do that also from a sitting position with a little practice.
              start slow until you;re sure of what you can do.
              enjoy!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
              X