X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Dr. today to review results...

Hi,

I had my follow up appointment today to review all tests
    results including LP, & MRI of spine and brain. Today, I was told I have probable MS. I would love some input. Do people who have probable MS go on any meds? My Dr. wants me to do MRIs every 6 months, see an ophthalmologist and see him again in 6 weeks. I was also wondering if anyone was diagnosed with probable, if they went to definite and if so how long did it take.
    LP was positive for just one band. Lesions on brain & spinal MRI. Below is a summary of MRIs. I would appreciate any feedback.

MRI BRain: T2 & flair hyperintense foci are present withiin the subcortical and deep white matter of both cerebral hemispheres, primarily involving the frontla and parietal lobes bilaterally. These foci are most pronounced in the right lateral frontpairietal white matter. The findings remains suspicious for MS. NO pathologic enhancement. Other possible etiologies including chronic microvascular ischemic disease or Lyme disease not excluded.
    Impression: Persistent supratentorial white matter foci suspicious for possible MS, although mild chronic microvascular ischemic disease or Lyme disease remain diagnostic possibilities. (lyme disease was already ruled out)
    Cervical MRI : There is faint T2 hyperintensity within the central portion of the spinal cord at C3 and again at C5 & C6
    suspicious for MS plaques. These plaques do not enhance.
    IMPRESSION: Probable C3 and C5-C6 level cervical spinal cord MS plagues.

My sxs include: poor balance which could be due to lesions or Menieres Disease (was diagnosed with Menieres about 4 months ago)
    numbness in hands and feet, aches in left arm
    Fatigue, constipation
    jskmssss

I was "probable" with a history of years of symptoms and brain lesions. That same day the neuro told me that he also tested me for other diseases that can cause the lesions. I don't know what they all were but I remember one being lyme disease. These were all tested for through blood work. At my next appt. a couple weeks later he told me I had MS because the blood work for other culprits came back negative. I was not offered any medicine until I was diagnosed but I probably had MS for ten years by then.

Comment

meniers & ms

I failed to mention I also was diagnosed with Meniers Disease first but it was 12 yrs. before my MS diagnosis. My email address is in my profile if you would like to swap stories. I've not met anyone with such a similar situation.

Comment

Working...
      X