Beta achy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta achy's

I just started Beta 1 week ago. I was wondering how everyone did when they started it? I've been told about the flu like symptoms and injection site redness. Just wondering if everyone was able to continue working when they started it? And how long it took to get your body used to it so you didn't have the achy feelings? I know my neuro told me, but I don't remember. And I'm also quite sure the beta nurse told me but once again I don't remember.

Thanks.

Hi Cali,

I started Beta on Sept 10th. I felt great the first week, no side effects. During the second week I had some joint aches and tiredness esp. the day after the injection.

I've now been on the .50 dose for two times, and feel fine.

I do have some bruising/redness at some of the injection sites but it isn't too bad.

I was concerned that I'd feel too lousy to work, but that hasn't been the case. I definitely recommend taking the ibuprofen at night before injecting and also in the a.m.

good luck!

phoebe.

Comment

I started Beta almost 8 weeks ago and was taken off due to multiple side effects that were affecting my daily life. I felt great before I started the Beta (I'm only MS-CIS at this point).

I had no flu-like symptoms until I switched to a morning injection (had to because I was not sleeping and they wanted to see if it made a difference).

I had red injection spots that didn't hurt, just looked bad; spots that bruised badly, some that gave me lumps, one I did too close to my elbow and I had trouble moving my arm for a day; and I had extremely tender spots. I didn't feel like myself, and was exhausted all the time but couldn't sleep.

I also switched to manual injections instead of auto-inject and it didn't help with the reactions.
      Then I started having heart palpitations and that was the final straw for me.

This is my own personal experience. I know there are lots of others here who have been using it successfully for years.

I was originally told the flu-like symptoms, if I got them, should subside within 8-12 weeks. I was never out of work due to side effects, but there were a few days on the weekends that I ended up with extreme physical fatigue. If it happened on a weekday, I probably would have had to miss work.

Comment

I am very atypical -- I've never had any of the side effects other than the injection site reactions, which I continue to get. Yes, the are red, ugly & sometimes tender but in the grand scope of things it is nothing.

I understand from others here that side effects can last up to 6 mos. If it is longer than that, or unbearable, talk to your Dr.
        DX 10/2008
        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
        X