Me Myself and I (how original!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me Myself and I (how original!)

Hello, lets see, where to begin? I've had MS for 16 years diagnosed RRMS. I'm a mom of four EXTREMELY active young kids, then again, any kids seem active compared to my usual activity! Ive got two daughters aged 9 and 5, and two sons aged 7and 6. I live in Ontario Canada, and am seriously considering relocating to somewhere closer to the Equator! Man, what a brutal winter. Unfortunately that won't happen until my husband gets his electrician's license (only 3 more years). Needless to say, I'm a stay at home mom, and love it, for the most part, except when the piles of laundry threaten to suffocate!! I have been lucky, that my MS has been manageable without the need for DMDs, until recently. My neuro wants me to get going on Copaxone, seeing as my attacks are getting more frequent/severe. I'm open to this, a little scary though, especially since my DH is not on board AT ALL, he's quite skeptical of the treatment, actually he is skeptical of any medical treatment. Don't get me wrong, he has been my rock, sticking by me through all the ups and downs this disease dishes out. I just don't know what I'm going to do, oh well. Have I rambled enough? My memory is really sucking these days, man talk about feeling old...Ciao!

Berka, I am glad that the last sixteen years have gone well for you. One question before you relocate - How do you handle the heat? I know that many with MS find their symptoms aggravated by the heat, myself included (blurred vision, lack of coordination, lack of mental focus). I live a good ways south of Canada, and find myself clinging to air conditioned areas in the summer. It's something to think about.

I am glad that your DH has been supportive, I am sorry he's having a hard time with the change in the disease management. I have been on Copaxone since 2005, and I don't know how I could have gotten through that time without my wife. I am not crazy about the idea of having a daily injection, but I cannot deny its positive effect for me. The doctors said they "Picked me up off the floor", and that is not really much of an overstatement. I used to be very athletic, and at that point could barely stand up and walk across the room without falling over. In less than a year on the medication, I was running again. Since starting Copaxone in '05, I have missed maybe five days total, but there hasn't been a day I've missed that I didn't notice a difference for the worse in my symptoms.

I do wish you the best.

Comment

Hello Berka

Welcome to MS World Forums. (A rose representing each child!)

Thanks for telling us a little bit about your life. You have a cute sense of humor. Guess you need it with 4 little ones to deal with

I second what Monkle said about being glad for you that the last sixteen years with MS have gone well for you.

If you want to, let us know what you decide about trying Copaxone.

Best to you and your family.

P.S. Don't let that laundry suffocate you

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X