Thinking and Exhaustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking and Exhaustion

Not sure how to get out of this mode I'm in, I'm just feeling very overwhelmed, too tired to think and just tired. I'm not sure if it's depression (take Lexapro for that), stress or that I just can't get my energy level back up. I have things I need to do around the house and just sit and look at the stack of papers. Missing a few hours here and there at work because about 7 hours into the shift, my mind and my body are thinking lay down and sleep. So I filled out an intermittent leave, which since you can't tell I have MS people think I'm faking. Sometimes I even wonder if I ever truly accepted the fact I have MS 3 years ago officially or that deep down I just feel screwed now that it's affecting my life and have given up on a future with a career or ever meeting someone. Any ideas how to break out of this rut?

Brenda, the ruts are hard sometimes and it seems like it will always be this way, so please remember it will not. Really and truly, there is HOPE!

I sometimes feel overwhelmed with all that I need to do and then feel paralyzed to do anything. So, I make a list of paperwork, housework, etc. that I need to catch up on and then I can cross it off....even if it is only two things a day. When making a list, break it down into small pieces as it will give you a sense of accomplishment as you tackle things each day.

Many days I feel like I will just never get back to the person I used to be. It bums me out, so I do understand.

Comment

I posted a question similar to this one a long time ago. The best answer I got was that the mental functions eat up energy just like physical activities.

Sometimes it's even an effort to chew. Just walking across the room can knock me down with fatigue. And trying to get my thoughts together to have a conversation is exhausting. I LOVE being alone (when I can have that luxury)!
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

The best answer I got was that the mental functions eat up energy just like physical activities.

Sometimes it's even an effort to chew. Just walking across the room can knock me down with fatigue. And trying to get my thoughts together to have a conversation is exhausting.

Love this and it is so true. Wish I could get my dr to understand this.
        Webbles

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down (much)

Comment

I was started on provigil and cerefolin NAC. Since I started the cerefolin my memory and cog fog is lifting. It is basically like a super concentrated vitamin.

My doc gave me samples of it. You might want to ask about it.

Comment

Working...
          X