72 Hour EEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 Hour EEG

Has anyone here had a 72 hour EEG? Can you tell me what your experience was?

I had both a 72hour home video EEG and this year had a 5 day 24/hr video EEG done in a hospital.

At home they want you in front of the camera as much as possible to "catch" an "event" as they call it. You are to push a button which is attached to the recording EEG unit. You have electrodes applied tightly, with a special glue to keep them on. In the home EEG I had my head wrapped to keep the electrodes in place. In the hosp I did not, but brought my own scarf so as not to frighten guests esp my grandchildren. You dont look too "cute"!!

One neuro told me the hosp EEG is more accurate. I was on 2 cameras, one at the nurses' station and one with the techs.

Some hospital 24/hr EEG have you induce seizure activity by having you do hyperventilation breathing every hour or so..or do sleep deprivation. I did not have that. And at home did not do anything out of the ordinary but tried to stay in bed in front of the camera as much as I could. I watched TV, read..ate, slept in front of the camera.

They have you keep a diary of any signs or symptoms that could be recognized as seizure activity or auras.

Hope that helps. Why are they having an EEG now? Just curious..

Take care and let us know how it turns out.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
    X