Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you get burning in your back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you get burning in your back?

Hi I'm currently on copaxone for the last 3 months. I also take neurontin for the burning arm pain and tingling in extremities. I've had lower burning pain in past yrs. It's started again last night but now in the center and lower back. Is this something that any of you experience regularly? Is this a sign that I have more disease activity? What do you do to help the pain?

burning...

I can't say I have it in my back but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with my hands and feet feeling like they are on FIRE

I put cold packs on them but it doesn't help too much at all. I've learned to live with it but hate it.

I pray that you will find an answer and get some rest. I'm going to keep up with your post cause I'd love to know what this means as well.
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

I too have burning

I also take Neurontin for that burn..it was always just my feet, mostly on the left. Now it goes up my whole leg and up to my shoulder on that one side.

I was wondering too if that is considered a flare=up. I will be seeing the doc Tues. and find out..
      Will let you know if I find out anything.
      Take Care, Carolanny

Comment

Burning - Sort of

I am a limbolander, and this is my most prevalent current issue.

On the right side of my back, only. It feels like a sunburn when touched, and has for about 6weeks now. When I'm holding my baby (4 month old) for a long time and the muscle underneath starts to get tired/hurt, then the skin burns without being touched.

Comment

Interesting that you mention burning in your back in connection with Copaxone.

While I was on Copaxone, I started having terrible itching in my mid-back. I noticed it when I bathed.

I never thought about Copaxone as the cause, but now that I've been off Copaxone for over 4 months, I haven't noticed any more itching.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

I also have a burning sensation in the middle of my back. It feels like mine is in my spine. I found out from my spinal mri that I have mild scolliosis in that area. I do not have any spinal lesions so I blame the pain on scolliosis.
            "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

I have severe burning in my back quite often. I also had big spots come up that look like busted blood veins. It got so bad my doctor scheduled MRI because he thought the MS had gone to my spine. The MRI showed I had several herniated disc's and we don't know what caused them to do this. I am seeing a neuro surgeon on Tues.

Comment

my doctor describes it like this...

First of all I get this kind of pain all the time. According to my doc, its not necessarily a flare up. What happens is even when you are not in an exaccerabation (sp? ) your body is going through little battles. Damaged nerves pop false signals that sometimes hurt. When you start winning more battles than losing (ie more time between flare ups) your body will hopefully heel and your pain will decrease. However, your body can lose some battles without having active flare ups. This is just my understanding and maybe I am way oversimplifying things.

Comment

i also get the itching burn sensations that are a type of neuralgi and are definately an MS issue- Lyrica has helped me

as for copaxone, this was the 1st of the DMD's i had been on and i was on it for about 4 months with just read itchy blotches at injection site which i seem to remember is put to being a histamine reaction but one day i had just showerd and was giving my shot, i was covered inred blotches so i was trying to to use alternate sites to let them rest- i gave my shot and instantly i could see my face swell to a massive size so that breathing was touch, i itched like crazy for ages i as having trouble breathing so could not summon help i just sat there saying to myself it would pass and eventually it did and i called the ambulance and went ot ED department and was told that i had an anaphylactoid reaction_ it was not the true allergy anaphylaxis or it would not have gone on its own - but is was amazing how qhick it happened- when the face swellingeased i was left with a read itchy rash all over my back- i kind of assumed it it was worse on my back because of sitting in a chair all the time so there is less air flow and perhaps more persperation

it was such a severe reaction and so out of the blue, i was chaged to betaseron instead which i have been on for nearly 6 yrs

Comment

The burning feeling I get in my back feels like it's in my spine. I get other burning under my arms and in my wrist. The doctor told me the arm burning was from the lesion at the c4 level. I don't see my neuro until Dec and I'll address the back problem then. Sometimes when I lay down flat, I have trouble getting back up. I'm curious to know if this is more disease activity going on, since I'm having new symptoms. Today no burning back Yahoo!

Comment

I don't get burning in my back, but my left hand and foot feel like they're on fire, and right now, cold air from my A/C actually feels hot, and I'm burning all over. It's miserable!

I hope you get some relief soon.

Big hugs,

Lisa
                      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I am on a regimen of Lyrica and Tramadol and it has totally stopped it. I wanted to kiss my doctor's feet lol

Comment

Originally posted by georgiapug View Post
                          I am on a regimen of Lyrica and Tramadol and it has totally stopped it. I wanted to kiss my doctor's feet lol
                          Do you feel all drugged up? I don't want to feel like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo View Post
                            Do you feel all drugged up? I don't want to feel like that.
                            No! Not at all. I was afraid of that too. Maybe for the first week when I would take the meds I would get sleepy, but as long as I didn't stop moving I was fine. No druggieness at all

Comment

burning and bugs under my skin

I have been having this tingling, burning, bugs crawling under my skin on my right shoulder blade, for over a year now. It gets itchy when I take a shower and hot water touches it, I can just scratch my skin off. I have been on Gabapentin/neurontin but I started gaining weight, just couldn't control my appetite. Even with the pills I could still feel it, and to tell you the truth I chose my jeans over the not burning
                              I stopped taking Neurontin last week and already lost 3 pounds out of my 15 that crept on me.
                              RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
                              on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
                              Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X