Fever here and there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fever here and there....

I have been having fevers out of the blue (mostly near night time) off and on for awhile.

It can last for days at a time (Fever ONLY in the evening/night) and not come back for weeks or days.

I felt extra tired during the day today and my body hurts/aches.

Sort of normal for me most of the time....

I just wanted to know "Is this something some people with MS have happen from time to time"

The Fever out of the blue?
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

I'm not sure about anyone else, or if it is related to MS, but I also get low grade fevers often. I am figuring that it may be related to Rebif shots? But, it doesn't always happen the night take a shot.

Comment

there are many possbile causes for this sort of thing, if it still happening i would check in with yout local doctor as a precuation- the low grade fevers will (as you know doublt already know) maike you feel pretty bad and can make your MS issues worse temporarily so that alone is a good enought reasons to get assessed as far as i can see

hope you feel better soon

Comment

you might want to get checked for an urinary tract infection

Comment

This happens to me too. Mine are almost always in the evening. I went to an infectious disease Dr. who ran a bunch of blood tests, which showed nothing. She then asked me about my swallowing difficulties and it turns out , after a swallowing eval, that I was aspirating food, which was not enough to cause pneumonia, but did cause some inflammation and then a fever. I still get then, but less often after paying close attention when I'm eating. My fevers make my MS symptoms so much worse-temporarily.
          Jenna
          Dxed R/R 1999 ,Avonex 1999-2003,Rebif 2003-7Tysabri 2008-2013, JC +

Comment

Thank you all...

last night I started to ache/hurt all over my body, my hands felt as if they were on fire.

I woke up this morning with a fever and all day I've felt awful. The pain is almost to the point where I just want to take some sleeping pills and sleep through it all.

I've slept most of the day and feel as if I could sleep some more.

I'm not sure I can take another night of this though.

I feel as if something inside under the skin is twisting and tightening my joints, muscles and whatever else.

I have tried to call my doctor and still no reply.....

I do see how the fever does bring out MS.

Jenna, I do have problems swallowing & have had that test (eat and drink this white stuff, apple sauce...)

I guess that would be something I need to ask the doctor about and watch what I eat. Thank you.
            Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
            Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

the cause pf my night-time fevers

I use to get a low grade fever (never over 100 degrees) every night starting around 5 pm.

I talked to my pcp and he thought is was because of my chronic UTI's but it turned out that I actually had graves disease (hyperthyroid). Once they destroyed my thyroid the low grade fevers went away.

My daughter has low thyroid so she is cold but my son has been running the low grade fever so I am going to have him checked for thyroid problems too.
              "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Working...
              X