Oklahoma Bike MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Bike MS

This weekend is the 25th Year for the Oklahoma Bike MS ride. Over 600 cyclists will head out from Tulsa to Oklahoma City on Route 66. There will be between 5-10 cyclists biking that live with MS. I am proud to be one of them.

I have trained hard and raised for $4,000 for the National MS Society. Please keep all of those who support us in your thought and prayers.

Thanks!
    Mary

Good luck to you Mary! May your tires stay on the road and get you to the finish line

You have trained hard and I'm proud of you! We'll be thinking of you and thanks for raising $ for the cause!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks, Seasha. I couldn't do what I do without everyone who has supported and encouraged me. It truly is an awesome site to see all the cyclists biking for us.

It's going to be a grand time.

Comment

PRAYING

THANK YOU! WILL KEEP YALL IN MY PRAYERS

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate your prayers.

Comment

Here's how I biked. I biked the first of day of 71 miles and the second day I biked 29.6 miles. It was a great ride. The first day we had a great tailwind but we rode into the wind on Sunday. All in all, it was a great ride and nice to see so many people supporting the MS Society.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!

Congratulations on your ride Mary, well done!!!! And fantastic job on the fund raising. From a fellow MSer, I thank you so much. Already looking forward to you being back again next year.

Badai Mata

ps:
              Ah, the wind, riding against the wind is all too similar to MS. It is unpredictable, at the very least it can make the going difficult in a number of ways, like being stuck in mud. If it really gets going, it can knock you down or bring you to a stand still even when you're riding down hill.

Comment

Mucho thanks, Badaimata! I was praying for strength and the prayers were answered. I always tell people I look at hills as the face of MS. I won't let MS beat me and I won't let the hills beat me either.

I had a wonderful biking partner on Saturday. We made it to lunch in under 3 hours and made it to the overnight area by 1:30pm which was a lot earlier than last year. I am very thankful to be biking stronger than last year. I have some great friends who have worked with me and we biked lots of hills to get ready for the ride. You have to train on hills.

Mary

Comment

Congrats, Mary! So proud of you!!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you, Seasha. Part of the fun for me was passing people and telling them I live with MS. It was my shock and awe moments.

Mary

Comment

Thank you, Seasha!

Comment

Working...
                      X