WII & EXERCISE GROUP CHECKIN 9/23/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WII & EXERCISE GROUP CHECKIN 9/23/10

i didn`t see this, so i started one (saw last weeks).
    so to start, i made goal plus 20 extra minutes.
    last week i received exercise bands (resistance bands) from publishers clearing house (i`m embarrased to admit that), but they`re great!!! they have handles on the ends and a pad in the middle. there are 3 bands of varying resistance. that`s all i have.

TIP: smile more, it`ll make you feel better, and the person you`re talking to will be more at ease.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

I did 6 days this week. Only skipped on Tuesday since I could barely move. DH had to help me out of the shower and it went downhill from there.

Comment

WII & EXERCISE GROUP CHECKIN 9/23/2010

WOOHOO! Thank you hunterd!!!!
      I took dog to vet early this morning to beat traffic and when came back I was literally blocked out of my neighborhood (only 1 street in). The flag person would not let me turn in to my road!!! I didn't get home until afternoon (with my dog!)
      You definitely made me by getting us rolling!
      Glad you're feeling better and back in commission!
      will be praying for you newme.
      Thanks for the concern, sparky and good job!

GOALS MADE:
      FIVE!
      GOAL MISSED:
      ONE, but just barely (good job posting and trying hard!)

I like hunterd's TIP OF THE WEEK
      Smile more... see first posting!

Keep up the super work everyone! Anyone reading this we'd love for you to join us! As you can see we are a caring, supportive group who just is trying to stay healthy by keeping moving.
      Take care and God bless you!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hi everyone

Had a very busy week - went someplace every day - (errands, meetings, flu shot, store, etc.) So I did do alot of walking, and in & out of car. Just didn't have the physical energy left for my regular exercises.

Got myself too fatigued - the physical kind, not the sleepy kind

I feel good that I was able to go away every day, but feel a little frustrated that I didn't have enough stamina left each day for my exercise routines.

Honestly, when my body says enough - it ain't kiddin' .

Newme:
        Only skipped on Tuesday since I could barely move. DH had to help me out of the shower and it went downhill from there.
        I understand what you're saying, Newme...

Glad you're doing well, Pooh - and also nice to hear about Dave's resistance bands, Newme's 6 days, and Sparky's jogging!

Hopefully I can get back with my routine tomorrow.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

koko, i know you didn't get to do your 'regular routine'. but you definitely exercised if you got out everyday like that and did errands. good for you for listening to your body! it was telling you that it had had enough exercise for the day.
          glad you're doing well enough to get out & go. i got out & went too much yest. now going to the kitchen is my exercise. well, i did do my wii yoga & a few games & that's why i'm on the couch again. i wasn't listening i was having too much fun!
          take care! God bless ya!
          everyone here is such an inspiration! thank ya'll!

Comment

made goal barely but made it. I guess my new thing is barely missing and barely making

I think keeping my head straight in my accounting class is kind of making me tired but I enjoy it.... I know I am a little strange but I do enjoy the accounting class

Comment

Pooh

Thanks for encouragement, as always.

now going to the kitchen is my exercise.
              So true on some days.

Red (aka barely )

I think keeping my head straight in my accounting class is kind of making me tired
              I have become exhausted following a long, draining telephone call. Seriously, I think we can get tired from too much brain activity. Or at least we really feel tired from it....

Take care,
              KoKo
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

hey pooh, as i`ll be outdoors alot more after saturday (archery season), do you have any suggestions for exercise? i have to keep movement below chest level and noise nill.
                redwings, untill i moved to to the office from sales (at work, before i retired) i didn`t understand what my wife meant when she said "mentallly tired". IT IS NOT ONLY POSSIBLE, IT`S POSSITIVELY A REAL POSSIBILITY!!!!!! sorry for the extra letters in my post, alot of stuttering today (shakey hands).

dave
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hey Dave,
                  I am not sure of your lower body mobility, but one thing I like to do for exercise when I need to be quiet and confined is lift my legs towards my chest. Sometimes I need to "help" them a little by using my hands to lift them. Also, can try to hold them like they are resting on a footrest and try to maintain for a count of 10 (more or less). My grandmother used to do this all the time to firm up her abs!

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
                    hey pooh, as i`ll be outdoors alot more after saturday (archery season), do you have any suggestions for exercise? i have to keep movement below chest level and noise nill.
                    redwings, untill i moved to to the office from sales (at work, before i retired) i didn`t understand what my wife meant when she said "mentallly tired". IT IS NOT ONLY POSSIBLE, IT`S POSSITIVELY A REAL POSSIBILITY!!!!!! sorry for the extra letters in my post, alot of stuttering today (shakey hands).

dave
                    hunterd,
                    newme had a good suggestion if it won't cause too much movement. i, too, was going to suggest stretching. if you don't you're going to get awfully stiff and make lower body worse. maybe when not hunting (surely you stay at a lodge, stop to eat or sleep somewhere else) be sure and get at least stretching in. even walking in place while in chair (looks more like stomping) helps keep the blood flowing & muscles working.
                    know what you mean about mental fatigue! got an extentsion on taxes, now due in oct. accountant has me digging for stuff and racking my brain for documents! had to nap for hours after finding all that!!!
                    happy hunting! and PLEASE be careful!!! we know your propensity for getting into 'trouble' in the woods.
                    take care & God bless ya!

Comment

Working...
                    X