Need SP tube any advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need SP tube any advice

well Hello to everyone I am finally able to post to the boards!! I am out of rehab and now have to have an sp tube put in as i had to have another foley put in the other day because i cannot cath. Does anyone have one? and if so is it easier than the foley and what was the procedure like?? thanks

I do not have a suprapubic catheter, but I did a search using Google and found quite a few sites explaining life with one. Just "google it" (or whatever search engine you use), and you'll get lots of information!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Had mine for 6 years

What a life saver it has been. You MUST keep the area clean at all times. otherwise you will get infections. There are bed bags, belly bags & leg bags. They come in all sizes. 500cc leg bags are small. The bed bags are 2,000cc or even 4,000cc. Belly bags are wonderful because they can be hidden under clothing. But they are terrible to clean.

I have use of only one arm so this is the best thing for me. Any other questions, ask away!

KK

Comment

bumping up to get some more responses. kelly how was the actual procedure? any pain afterwards? can you please give me some details

Comment

Working...
        X