Neurontin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neurontin Question

How high of a dose did you have to go to before it helped your Paresthesia to a comfortable level?

That depends on when you asked me. When I started taking it, 100 mg 3x a day was sufficient. Later, I needed to up the dosage to 300 mg 3x a day and then 4x a day and now 400 mg 4x a day.

My aunt, who has occipital neuralgia as a result of brain surgery, takes 900 mg 3x a day. The highest dosage a capsule comes in is 800 mg, so she takes 3 300mg a day.

Comment

I take 900mg (3 300mg capsules) twice daily to be comfortable. 3 in the morning and 3 after dinner.
      Terri
      "God doesn't give you what you can handle, He helps you handle what you are given."

Comment

I take 2 300 mgs in the early evening. It is the one medication that really helps the pain I have with spasms and spasticity in my legs.

I can't wait each day to take it - am experimenting with other meds during the day (baclofen, zanaflex) - but so far no where near the relief I get from gabapentin.

Let us know how you do with it.

Comment

Doc prescribed 100 mg. 3 times a day.
          He said that if i don't feel I need to take a dosage, I can skip, so I do, as needed.

If this helps, I have been taking Neurontin for over 15 years with good results.

Comment

I'm on 800mg 3x a day. Instead of my doc upping my dose to 4x a day, she told me to take 2 at night and one in the morning. It helps quite significantly.
            Rae Roy

Comment

can anyone tell me if you have to built it up in your system before it works or it starts right away.

Comment

Working...
              X