No announcement yet.

SHARPIES DISPOSAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on copaxone and they send a few sharps container with each shipment. Where I live we can throw out with the regular garbage in the sharps container.

My cat is diabetic and we put hers in a plastic milk or laundry container. We go ahead and seal the bottle up and throw out with the trash. Like others have said it probably varies from location to location so calling your city is the best bet.

Tip I learned from a human diabetic: After you use the insulin needle, carefully use the cap to bend the needle down while recapping. This will keep it from poking through the container or from anyone being able to reuse it.
    Your focus determines your reality.

Comment

Another thought...since I got my first sharps container with my Rebif when I started I'm thinking perhaps you could contact you DMD drug company...assuming you are on one of the specialty medications like Rebif or Avonex, etc.
      Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

disposel of needles

I know that most hospitals will except them by dropping
        them off at the emergency entrance.Most will supply you
        with a new sharps container as well.

I take copaxone and when I get my monthly supply,either
        I can ask for a new container or they will ask if I need one
        and they are at no cost.

They will not take any used ones.

Comment

Originally posted by day1 View Post
          i puchased this little device from Amazon... BD Safe-Clip. It was one of the best purchases i've ever made.
          THe BD Safe Clip is awesome!
          Thanks to these small, inexpensive clips, I can just snap the tip of the needle, which gets stored in the clip itself.
          The rest of the shot gets tossed in the trash, which at first seems weird, but I feel comfortable knowing the tip of the needle is gone and it won't hurt anyone.

Thanks to the clip, I don't have to find space for a jug of sharp, used needles.

For years I used to take a Sharps container to the hospital front desk and turn it in for another, empty container.
          It was a nice option (I appreciated the free container).
          However, paying less than $10.00 for two clips that have lasted for a couple of years (and I inject daily with Copaxone) is so convenient!

I think what I am to do when I do eventually fill one of the BD clips is to take it the same hospital for it to be disposed safely (burned with other hazardous materials).

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
          X