Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marijuana

Where can I get medical marijuana? I know my neuro has to prescribe it but where do I get it filled in Wisc.?

Not sure

There are very few legal marijuana farms in the US and you may have to get it shipped from a special Pharmacy. There are also state laws that regulate and mandate the use of medical marijuana. Find out if your state has any. You may be able to get a prescription for the pill. It works the same as smoking but it is taken orally. I forget the name of it. If your Dr. does prescribe it for you then he should be able to help you obtain it as well. I have read some studies that say that there is no benefit of using this drug in patients that have MS. On the other hand there are many MS patients that do use it and swear that it helps with muscle spasms.

Comment

The pill if you mean Marinol does not work the same, it is very weak and in my opinion useless. The various states implement legal mj differently but never through a pharmacy. I am in California and there are dispensaries (mj shops) so I just go there and buy it, I have to get a doctor to write a letter recommending I use it, it is not a prescription. It is grown legally all over the place in the US.

Comment

The pill is called marinol

Your can google your state laws and find the law that pertains to the use of medical marijuana in your state.

In Washington State the law if very vague..we can have a prescription but we are not told how to obtain the drug. Most counties allow a certain amount of possession for personal use with a legal rx. That would include plants that you are growing for your own use or the harvested drug. Again, there is no stipulation about how you are to obtain this drug.

People that I know do not find the same advantage from Marinol as from smoking the drug.

Be cautious about how you handle this problem...some places are very liberal in their acceptance and some are not. Even tho the state law may allow you to have it you may still be in violation of Federa Law.

Justacowgirl
        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Wisconsin's medical law was defeated. Possession of a small amount can be a fine of 1000 dollars. You may get a prescription but you will have to be recommended into the Federal Compassionate Care System. I don't know what the process is but I heard there are very few patients being helped.
          I'm in the same situation so I discreetly grow my supply. There is tons of information online on both growing indoors and out. It isn't very difficult and you control the quality.
          Get political and join NORML of Wisconsin or see if Americans for Safe Access has anything going. I belong to both even though I'm on a tiny island in the Caribbean, advocating to change the law.
          It helps me with anxiety, stress, spasms and pain. Also there is some research that suggests it may actually prevent progression.
          You only live NOW.
          SX 1999 /DX 2003
          norml.org

Comment

Originally posted by Chais Papa View Post
            It helps me with anxiety, stress, spasms and pain. Also there is some research that suggests it may actually prevent progression.
            It's the,"Prevent Progression"part that seems too good to be true.

That said, I have been on Avonex for 12 years and it makes me feel horrible!
            I have been using medical MJ for 10 years, it makes me feel a little better. (perhaps allows me to tolerate the Avonex.)
            Like any drug it takes some getting use to and can have side effect's... but at least it can't kill you? (lot's of other drugs can.)

As far as getting it....I'm pretty sure the UW school system still has it in abundance?

Comment

I apologize

Originally posted by there View Post
              The pill if you mean Marinol does not work the same, it is very weak and in my opinion useless. The various states implement legal mj differently but never through a pharmacy. I am in California and there are dispensaries (mj shops) so I just go there and buy it, I have to get a doctor to write a letter recommending I use it, it is not a prescription. It is grown legally all over the place in the US.
              I apologize, I must be mistaken. I guess I would never have to worry about the prescription part because I just visit "the man". I hope it all works out for you!

Comment

{URL}http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7704L{URL}

This is an article that describes my earlier comment concerning progression of MS
                You only live NOW.
                SX 1999 /DX 2003
                norml.org

Comment

On my way to the campus before I move to St. Croix
                  Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                  X