Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/16/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/16/10

Hi everyone. Three of us reported this week. I do hope we get more people reporting this week. Now that fall is officially here we need to start thinking Holidays which will be upon us before we know it. Think Holiday party time and how gorgeous you will look several pounds lighter. Sparky, to answer your question surgery was on my knee, the second knee surgery. My ortho said mechanically my knee is doing very well, but I am having MS spasms in my leg which impedes my walking. Driving isn’t affected since it is the left. My side mirror cost over $700 to replace if you can imagine. Maybe I should hire a chauffeur. LOL Actually, the answer is to be more careful. Sparky, don’t fret over that pound. It will come right off. Ccsitter, that quarter of a pound will be gone in no time. I gained 1.5 lbs. So am up to 113.5. I must gain another pound and a half at least.

Tip for the Week:

Satiation comes slowly when eating so that the faster you eat the longer it takes to feel satisfied. Eating more slowly is important so that you don’t have such an impulse to keep shoveling food in. One way to slow down eating is to put utensils down after each bite. Try to hesitate several seconds before picking your fork up again. The same holds true for finger food. If you are eating a roll, place it on the plate after each bite. The same principle applies for beverages. Take a sip and put the glass or cup down. The slower you eat the more satisfied you will feel at the end of the meal.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Results for 9/9/10:

Total Loss: 3 lbs. by one member. Unfortunately that loss was mine and I did not want to lose it. I do hope those of you who are trying to lose will report in. It is gratifying to see those numbers go down in black and white. You deserve credit for your efforts.

Total Gain: 1.5 lbs. by two members. Good for you for reporting. Staying aware is important. When you write your gain down it makes it more real and thus easier to address. Good luck this week.

Stayed The Same: 0. Just remember, staying the same is success and don’t ever forget it. Just remember it is just the time before the next loss. Do let us know.

2943.88 is our grand total of weigh loss for the past 7 plus years. We are headed for 1 1.2 tons of weight loss. What a total!

put me down for a whooping .6 lbs LOST! considering i was on vacation that whole time. eating out and not doing my usual exercise, i'm fine with it. don't you love how precise the Wii board is? .6 lbs sounds so much better that 1/2 lb LOL

glad you're heading back in the right direction, shrinkaren. i know a lot of us who would be glad to donate some weight. you think with all the transplants and amazing things they can do now medically that it would be possible
    oh well, i'll keep trying the old fashioned way. thanks for the reminder to slow down. we've been eating at buffet bars a lot and i always get more than i can eat on my plate. i hate to waste it or just eat it because it's there. glad we're home & can eat what and how much i want.
    take care & God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

karen

glad for your gain will send you mine that i lose lol sparky will check the site out you posted may help me wtg pooh only prob. pooh u sent it to me lol yall take care talk to u soon GOD BLESS
      HUGS TO ALL
      C.C.

Comment

Working...
      X