Feeling lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lost

I'm wondering if it's worth seeing a neurologist after the many things I've had happen over a span of 5 years, hoping for some guidance because my doctors have not been helpful

my toes went numb for months then just stopped

I forget words to the point I don't want to have conversations with people I don't know

I have severe throat pain that feels like spasms, the first time it lasted a few weeks the second time months and I could not eat or drink, docs told me acid reflux, I would rather give birth to my son again then experience this pain

for 3 weeks I had this crunching pain in my hip that got to the point I could not walk also could not go on my toes

sometimes when I wake up before I open my eyes I have rapid eye movement

I get extremely itchy prickly type sensations on my legs especially when walking in the heat

I get a really tight feeling around my back and chest makes it hard to breath is so tight, a massage helps this

oh and a speech therapist said my tongue is weakened and I have tongue tremors, doesn't know why

etc..

I'm so frustrated with my doctors they don't take me serious or the pain I'm experiencing, they treat me like I'm exaggerating. I'm thinking of seeing a neurologist do you think I'm starting in the right direction.any advise would be great thank you. - Christina

Hi Christina !!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better!

Do you have insurance that would allow you to go to a neurologist with out a referral? Or could you afford it on your own?

I have been thru sooooooo many doctors. Every doctor I went to told me everything from worms to depression to.....?????

I have no faith in general practitioners.

Hang in there. you R not alone!!!! Only you know when your body is trying to tell you something!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christinalm24 View Post
      I'm wondering if it's worth seeing a neurologist after the many things I've had happen over a span of 5 years, hoping for some guidance because my doctors have not been helpful

my toes went numb for months then just stopped

I forget words to the point I don't want to have conversations with people I don't know

I have severe throat pain that feels like spasms, the first time it lasted a few weeks the second time months and I could not eat or drink, docs told me acid reflux, I would rather give birth to my son again then experience this pain

for 3 weeks I had this crunching pain in my hip that got to the point I could not walk also could not go on my toes

sometimes when I wake up before I open my eyes I have rapid eye movement

I get extremely itchy prickly type sensations on my legs especially when walking in the heat

I get a really tight feeling around my back and chest makes it hard to breath is so tight, a massage helps this

oh and a speech therapist said my tongue is weakened and I have tongue tremors, doesn't know why

etc..

I'm so frustrated with my doctors they don't take me serious or the pain I'm experiencing, they treat me like I'm exaggerating. I'm thinking of seeing a neurologist do you think I'm starting in the right direction.any advise would be great thank you. - Christina
      I agree with MotorsMommy - go straight to a neuro if your insurance will allow it.
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Spinal Tap - positive one band only

Hi Everyone,

Any feedback would be appreciated Just a quick update. Lesions on brain and spinal cord, had LP done, Dr. called and said it was negative 9 days ago. Follow up with him on 9/30

Neurologist called last night and told me he inquired with the hematologist at the hospital inquiring what it meant when someone tested positive with just one band?
        Hematologist said to check for any blood disorders. He told me he wants me to go for more lab work.
        Did anyone test positive with just one band, if so what did your Dr. tell you?
        SD

Comment

Working...
        X