Eye issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye issues

Over the last 10 months or so I have had this strange sensation in my eye, one I havent been able to explain to anyone, it kinda feels like its sticky/heavy/stiff. I have had ON before but this is not on as I have no colour loss or black/greying areas. Today it suddenly occured to me how it feels. You know when your optician/optho puts the drops in your eye to make it numb, thats what It feels like, so I have now concluded that I have a numb eye. How weird is that LOL.

Jo

Hi Jo

We sure have the weirdest things with MS

When I was diagnosed with MS and the neuros were checking my eyes, they told me I have INO. (Long version - Internuclear Opthalmoplegia)

When I look to my left (head facing straight), my eye muscles do not move equally like they should. My left eye is stiff and won't go all the way to the left. That causes my eye to "jiggle". The neuros said it was from a lesion on one of the cranial nerves. It really doesn't bother me unless I have to look to the left without turning my head

it kinda feels like its sticky/heavy/stiff
    I can relate to the stiff part.

You know when your optician/optho puts the drops in your eye to make it numb, thats what It feels like, so I have now concluded that I have a numb eye.
    But I don't feel the sticky, numb part.

Still, maybe it could be an eye muscle issue? If it continues, of course it would be wise to have it checked.

It's always something, huh?

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Same here

I have the same thing in my right eye. It is only the outer half of my eye (from my pupil to the outer tear duct) that feels numb and prickly. My eyelid and some of my face in that area also feels that way. My neuro can't explain it and I have seen an opthomologist. No explanation.
      Portia

Comment

Working...
      X