Leg Stiffening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg Stiffening

Sorry to be so blunt, but any advice is appreciated. Is there any solutions for leg stiffening during sexual stimulation? My thighs start stiffening when things get going. Then at the Big O, my knees lock. I am feeling self conscious and I wondered if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks so much.

I can sympathize. I've kicked my poor husband. We had to laugh about it, but geez did I feel bad!

First, let me ask...do you take anything for spasticity? You may want to address this with your neuro. It might be an awkward conversation to have, but if they can help with meds or a dose adjustment, it'll be soooo worth it!

The other things I'd suggest is a regular stretching routine, yoga or pilates if you can, but simple stretching would help. It will keep you limber and lessen spasticity somewhat.

The first 2 PDFs that come up in this search will give you an idea where to start: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/sea...start=0&num=20

The second doc, Stretching with a Helper for People with MS, has stretching that is done with assistance from another person and could be incorporated into foreplay or a regular everyday activity you and your partner do together.

Besides that, try different positions. Some may just lend themselves, for whatever reason, to increased chances of spasticity.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Oh can I relate. My poor dh is a good sport but having been kicked in delicate places is not his idea of having a good time.
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Spasticity is a huge issue for me too. Because of spasticity my legs hardly bend, or if they stay bent for any length of time they get locked. I've asked my neuro, she says pop more anti-spasticity meds before you have sex...but that's not a good solution because my anti-spasticity med makes me really sleepy..I would like to be awake. My spasticity is getting to the point that I'm thinking of asking my neuro about a Baclofen pump, I'm wondering if it would help with this issue.

Comment

Intermission in bedroom

Pain in my legs and weakening is a big problem for me not just when we have sex. I deal with this all through the day. Weakening is worse if we don't take breaks during sex. My husband is patient and understands if we don't I could have bad spasms. It's so hard for me to even have an O. Some nights we spend 2 hrs with no final result. For bad leg pain I use hydrocodone. Massage & stretch techniques help sometimes. I was using my motorized wheelchair but now using a cane to help with walking. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          X